How many .375 H&H's and/or .416's do you own and shoot?

SIL = Sister in Law right ? Who is now a he? I mean, it is not unheard of, just a bit unexepected...
:E Rofl: :E Rofl: :E Rofl:
@VertigoBE
The flower girl we had at our wedding is now my wife's nephew. We live in strange and challenging times my friend.
Bob

I feel bad. Zero. 4 trips to Africa and still haven’t taken my own rifle. But I’ve used a .577, .500, 375, 416, a 338 and a 7x57.

I really want a Heym 450 NE and a custom 404 Jeffery with killer wood. Then I’d start taking my own :)

I feel bad. Zero. 4 trips to Africa and still haven’t taken my own rifle. But I’ve used a .577, .500, 375, 416, a 338 and a 7x57.

I really want a Heym 450 NE and a custom 404 Jeffery with killer wood. Then I’d start taking my own :)
Is it just the idea of all the horror stories of possibilities preventing you from taking your own firearm(s)?

OR

Is it you don't own the caliber(s) to hunt the animals you have hunted and want to hunt?

With exception to the 7 x 57, it seems you are going for the larger PG and DG.

Just be sure when you do decide to take your own firearm(s) that you take ones you don't ever plan on selling. Because those are the ones that everytime you look at and touch will bring back the memories of Africa.

Is it just the idea of all the horror stories of possibilities preventing you from taking your own firearm(s)?

OR

Is it you don't own the caliber(s) to hunt the animals you have hunted and want to hunt?

With exception to the 7 x 57, it seems you are going for the larger PG and DG.

Just be sure when you do decide to take your own firearm(s) that you take ones you don't ever plan on selling. Because those are the ones that everytime you look at and touch will bring back the memories of Africa.
My first two safaris were primarily bow hunting. I shot a few animals with rifle on both of those safaris.

My last two trips were dangerous game and I didn’t own a dangerous game caliber. The dream was to shoot an elephant with a double and I couldn’t afford a double. (I won the dangerous game trips).

I shot the 416 and 375 on those last two safaris when we were trying to bait leopard and then when we were hunting plains game after the target animals were done. But I ended up shooting my leopard with a shotgun at about a yard and half behind hounds.

And my elephant was killed with a PHs 500 Merkel double. It was a dream come true

My first two safaris were primarily bow hunting. I shot a few animals with rifle on both of those safaris.

My last two trips were dangerous game and I didn’t own a dangerous game caliber. The dream was to shoot an elephant with a double and I couldn’t afford a double. (I won the dangerous game trips).

I shot the 416 and 375 on those last two safaris when we were trying to bait leopard and then when we were hunting plains game after the target animals were done. But I ended up shooting my leopard with a shotgun at about a yard and half behind hounds.

And my elephant was killed with a PHs 500 Merkel double. It was a dream come true

Understandably, I could figure out a way to purchase a low end double rifle. But then again why when I have 2 bolt guns that can do the job on DG and the money for the double would be used for another multi animal safari outside of RSA.

The only double barrel guns I have are 2 s x s shotguns and they are almost safe queens.

After reading a lot of horror stories on lost and damaged luggage, firearms cases, and firearms prior to my first safari. I decided I needed a less expensive rifle to take to Africa. Then another not so expensive DG rifle for my first, and so far only multi country trip, which included a DG hunt.

Now everytime I pick them up, head to the range or afield to hunt with them locally I think of the time and hunts I had with each rifle in Africa.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new/ new to you firearms.....and hunt reports with them.

I am down to only 4 416 rem mags use to have 8 .I am going to have to put better pads and muzzle break on a few of them so I can shoot them more .I use to shoot 125 to 150 times a day with them but ammo is way to high to even reload in mass quantity. I AM going to Try 375 weathetby brsss necked to 416 rem mag hopefully it's good brass. Powder and primers and brass is way higher i use to reload for $1 a shot .

I am a sick individual.

.375's x 5
.416's x 3

In all fairness, I am trying to sell one of the .375's, and another is such a piece of shit I would feel bad selling it to anyone.
It’s a fine mental illness to have.

Two 375 H&Hs… Rigby Big Game, Mauser M03
Two 416 Rigbys.. Rigby Big Game, CZ
Two 458 Lotts… Another Mauser M03, Blaser R8

Last edited:
1 beautiful Cooper M54 416 Rem mag in the traditional wood with black barrel

H-S Precision 375 H&H in synthetic stock. I plan on getting another 375 H&H in a wood stock at some point.

I only shoot them when I get to Africa which is about every 4 years. I do plan on an Alaskan brown bear hunt in the future.

REM 700 Classic - 375 H&H Magnum: 2 dead Cape Buffalo and 23 Plains Game. Plus 1 Bull ELK

CZ 550 Mag. - 416 Rigby, next trip.....

I have just had a Ronald Wharton 300 H&H delivered to me from UK . An absolutely beautiful rifle . 26 inch barrel , Oberndorff action , H&H quick detachable scope mount . Looking to use it in the Northern Territory in a few months .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandadelhiaerocity

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.