Heym 500 NE, Heym 375 H&H, Chapuis Progress 375 H

Skshyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Up for sale is perfect condition Heym 500 NE 88B. This double was sent to JJ for strip and clean about 2-3 months ago. I have a lot invested in guns and would like to thin out the heard as I am moving to all Blaser platform. After my recent trip to Africa I realized Blaser is all I really need. Let me know if you are interested in more pics or have any other questions. Price is $18k firm I do live in the Los Angeles area and can meet a local gun store. I also have a 88B in 470 NE which I will be posting in about 2-3 weeks.

IMG_4537.jpg
IMG_4539.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_4541.jpg
IMG_4542.jpg
IMG_4543.jpg
IMG_4544.jpg
IMG_4546.jpg
IMG_4547.jpg
IMG_4548.jpg
IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg
IMG_4555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heym 88b in 375 H&H $16k & Chapuis Progess 375 H&H $9k were both a recently purchased on Rock Island auctions. Let me know if you are interested in more detail pics of either gun. I am not a expert in double rifles so I will be posting the description from Rock Island site to explain details on the rifles.

Chapius
Ramped, beaded blade front sight, four position (one standing, three folding) rear sight on the raised rear quarter rib which is marked "CARABINE DOUBLE EXPRESS CHAPUIS FRANCE", and chambers with ejectors. The coin finished boxlock action features floral scroll engraving surrounding floral bouquets with "PROGRESS-CHAPUIS/S'ETIENNE-FRANCE" marked on the underside. The rifle features double trigger, bushed firing pins, and a tang mounted manual safety switch. Lightly figured, multi-point checkered beavertail forend with engraved fittings, including the Deeley latch release, and pistol grip stock with coin finished trapdoor grip cap, cheekpiece, right hand palm swell, and checkered rubber recoil pad. Length of pull 15 1/4 inches. Weight 8 lbs. 14 oz.

Heym
Blued steel barrels with a ramped beaded blade front sight, four position (one standing, three folding) rear sight on the raised rear quarter rib, 1995 dated German proofs, single gold inlaid band around the breeches, and chambers with automatic ejectors. The coin finished bolstered action displays attractive light scroll engraving with a Heym logo on the underside. The rifle features double triggers, cocking indicators, and a tang mounted manual safety switch. Beautifully figured, multi-point checkered beavertail forend with engraved fittings, including the Deeley latch release, and pistol grip stock with engraved blued steel trapdoor grip cap, raised cheekpiece, and red rubber recoil pad. Length of pull 14 7/16 inches. Weight 10 lbs. 3 oz.

IMG_6145.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6147.jpg
IMG_6149.jpg
IMG_6150.jpg
IMG_6151.jpg
IMG_6152.jpg
IMG_6153.jpg
IMG_6154.jpg
IMG_6155.jpg
IMG_6156.jpg
IMG_6157.jpg
IMG_6158.jpg
IMG_6159.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg
IMG_6161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is correct the 500 barrels are ported. Not sure if it was from factory but when I purchased the rifle it was already ported. I was pretty surprised my self when I first saw hence why I took a clear picture of the porting.

length of barrels a on the 500 and does it have ejectors?

Too bad the Heym 375H&H is not left handed. What are the barrel lengths just out of curiosity.

Love the 500!!! GL with the sale.

I
Too bad the Heym 375H&H is not left handed. What are the barrel lengths just out of curiosity.
I’m a Lefty and thought the same thing....I’ve got a double 470 NE in left hand (Chapuis) and probably gonna sell it and buy a .375 or smaller

I had several requests for more pics of each double. This is the Heym 375
IMG_2503.jpg
IMG_2504.jpg
IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoellenNis

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!