GoRuck boots

USN

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all, big thank you to the other members here that recommended GoRuck MacV boots. Had surgery with pins and bolts in one foot so boots have been close enough instead of just right. Danner, Zamberlain, Courtney and others will now just stay in the closet. Any DG pursuits require the proper gear whether firearms, optics or boots.
Ordered GoRuck and after trying on instep wouldn’t work. emailed wouldn’t work however loved the boot after handling. Within 15 minutes received reply with link for another insole and tried that and been my everyday go to since. I am ordering second pair for backup for my late April buffalo and kudu trip.
I will wear on plane if that tells you how comfortable they are. Don’t settle get what is perfect for you. 30 day money back guarantee, fast ship etc. Did I mention I love these boots!
I am one happy customer.

My GoRuck’s are great. Especially at the price point. I just wish they would make more full grain leather boots.

Thanks for sharing. Have you been able to tell how they’d be stalking? Quiet or loud? I’ve had no trouble finding comfortable boots, but quiet boots are another story!

seem quiet to me, however, I wear hearing aids. Both ears are very substandard. Maybe someone else can chime in. The construction should be a very quiet boot. Sorry not more help.

The MacV1’s are quiet. My Russell Moccasins are very quiet too.

Reactions: USN
I can't wait to use mine again. Glad the y worked for you @USN. This site is fabulous for finding out useful stuff.

Just a bought pair of MACV 2's and I like them. They claim no break in period but I am walking 5 miles a day with them anyway. Very comfortable, lightweight (main reason I tried) and seem to ventilate well, which I like for hot Texas weather. Sole seems rigid enough for hills, etc... but I have others for more serious mountain hunting. Great price too.

I can't wait to use mine again. Glad the y worked for you @USN. This site is fabulous for finding out useful stuff.
I would never have tried without AH, learn something everyday here. Well maybe not on politics tab but dang I read it as if the lighter side tab. Thank you all!

Just a bought pair of MACV 2's and I like them. They claim no break in period but I am walking 5 miles a day with them anyway. Very comfortable, lightweight (main reason I tried) and seem to ventilate well, which I like for hot Texas weather. Sole seems rigid enough for hills, etc... but I have others for more serious mountain hunting. Great price too.
I have macv1 and ordered macv2 to pair with them. Should be here middle next week.

I put 934 miles last year on my last pair of macv1. There's a decent amount of tread left on them.

I have 200 miles now on my first pair of macv2. The tread on those is perfect for my daily strolls in the hills.

Lifetime warranty what more needs to be said

I put 934 miles last year on my last pair of macv1. There's a decent amount of tread left on them.

I have 200 miles now on my first pair of macv2. The tread on those is perfect for my daily strolls in the hills.
I am not near that but slowly working to it. Glad to hear from someone who has used em as designed. I just continue to grow more fond of.

A very quiet set of boots and comfortable indeed. As said prior, I wear mine in the Texas heat as well and I’ve not found a more breathable boot for ranch work that can keep out the thorns and chaff. Since I’ve gone full African, maybe not fully but I haven’t put on cowboy boots for work in a few years…

Reactions: ACM
A very quiet set of boots and comfortable indeed. As said prior, I wear mine in the Texas heat as well and I’ve not found a more breathable boot for ranch work that can keep out the thorns and chaff. Since I’ve gone full African, maybe not fully but I haven’t put on cowboy boots for work in a few years…
I am in OK and cowboy boots are out after the surgery and don’t miss em after these.

Reactions: RLL
I would never have tried without AH, learn something everyday here. Well maybe not on politics tab but dang I read it as if the lighter side tab. Thank you all!

Hey now... I learn a CRAP-TON about goings-on in the world on the politics thread thanks to the knowledge of a lot of people with a whole lot more global experience and expertise than I have. ;)

Hey now... I learn a CRAP-TON about goings-on in the world on the politics thread thanks to the knowledge of a lot of people with a whole lot more global experience and expertise than I have. ;)
Concur, but some folks may have been drinking or smoking something. Several posters I read and reread again because they are way more aware than I. Those that had a flag level experience damn sure know more than I will ever know.

I have multiple sets and they are great comfortable boots...lightweight but with ankle support. Great for around town every day use also.

They are very comfortable, but traction is very minimal. I'm on my second pair and use them for LE duty boots. They feel like shoes.

Do the MacV2's has a sole that is strong enough to stop any African thorns from piercing into your foot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.