Good Gun Deals This Week

Was going to share this listing when it was still at $2,800 but figured it was going to get bid up and wasn't worth it.
Didn’t realize just how high it would go...

Screenshot_20240430_180705_Chrome.jpg

Was going to share this listing when it was still at $2,800 but figured it was going to get bid up and wasn't worth it.
Didn’t realize just how high it would go...

View attachment 602641
Shortly in a few weeks pricess are going up. You will to get ffl license to sell guns as a private seller. That is going to add up cost.
The new law Brandon and his VP WORKING ON.
It is beeing challenged, but how long before it is struck down ???.
Krish

Six grand for a Caprivi?! I love mine, but that’s about twice what it’s worth. I mean, what it WAS worth.
Yes it was long time ago. In 2008.
Not any more. Gander Moutain had one for that price ($2800) in 2008 at their Knoxville Tennasy store.
Krish

Last edited:
That is nuts on the Caprivi, but in an auction setting it only takes two. Especially with the 15 minute rule.

Not my rifle I just found it on G.B. and thought it was interesting. Curious to see what you guys think of it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Holland & Holland Sidelock 450:400 2 3:8%22 Double Rifle for sale.pdf
    220.1 KB · Views: 12
  • John Blanch & Son Dbl. Rifle for sale.pdf
    234.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

That PH/Rigby was relisted at a $2,500 buy it now with an interesting message. Seems the buyer realized it wasn’t what he thought when he bid on it.

“* This is a relisting to offer the gun to the next highest bidders and watchers on the previous auction. The winning bidder decided he didn't want it after Wasting everyone's time.*”

Attachments

• John Rigby:PH 300 Win Mag - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 1049188883.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 24

That PH/Rigby was relisted at a $2,500 buy it now with an interesting message. Seems the buyer realized it wasn’t what he thought when he bid on it.

“* This is a relisting to offer the gun to the next highest bidders and watchers on the previous auction. The winning bidder decided he didn't want it after Wasting everyone's time.*”
At that price looks suspicious to me

Attachments

• Jeffery .500 Jeffery, Roberts, London, 2007, Johannsen magnum Mauser, quarter rib, express, Re...pdf
    280.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello friends,

Many of you have asked me for advice on gun searches as it's a bit of a hobby for me to "see what is out there" each week. I discussed this with @AfricaHunting.com and he permitted me to create a running post on the Classifieds section.

The purpose of the posts will be to show what interesting guns of good quality and value may be popping up on the Internet each week. My personal guidelines of a "good gun" are as follows:

"That is a quality weapon with soul, character, inherent quality, and can be purchased for what I or others believe is a good value. This may mean a $60,000 gun is being sold for half of that price, hence a good value, or it may mean that it is a heck of a gun for someone with $200-$300 to spare but they don't want to buy plastic junk. Frugality and quality are important factors so hopefully the well-heeled and the working blue-collar man both get something out of the topic."

I invite others with experience to jump in and "kick the tires" if my critiques are off. There are many experts on this forum that will be able to add to the conversation in the hopes that we all get more knowledgeable at appraising the strengths and weaknesses of the guns listed.

A final warning: While I'll try to list guns that are offered on "legitimate" gun sites, a legitimate site is not a guarantee of a legitimate seller. You must always assess the legitimacy of any purchase by determining the feedback rating, methods of payment, and reasonable terms of any advertisement. Caveat emptor.

Regards,

@rookhawk
thanks so much for this looking forward to it

Everything about it is suspicious. Just as good as a new $14k Highlander! Except in fit, finish, or function.
Apologies for a mild thread disruption.

Were the Parker Hales that bad in function? I’ve seen that complaint on multiple threads dealing with these “Finished by Rigby” rifles.

I myself have not owned any but I know of number of people who shoot PH rifles. They seem to function fine and actually shoot extremely well. Where they lack heavily is the horrifically varnished and poorly fit stocks.

I’ve never seen a “finished by Rigby” in person. Wouldn’t that address the wood and fit issue?

I’m just curious as I’ve seen this stated a lot . No offense intended. And not a .300 win mag fan so no interest in buying that one

Apologies for a mild thread disruption.

Were the Parker Hales that bad in function? I’ve seen that complaint on multiple threads dealing with these “Finished by Rigby” rifles.

I myself have not owned any but I know of number of people who shoot PH rifles. They seem to function fine and actually shoot extremely well. Where they lack heavily is the horrifically varnished and poorly fit stocks.

I’ve never seen a “finished by Rigby” in person. Wouldn’t that address the wood and fit issue?

I’m just curious as I’ve seen this stated a lot . No offense intended. And not a .300 win mag fan so no interest in buying that one
I think the issue with PH rifles is how some people consider the Santa Barbra action one of the poorer Mausers. If there’s any real validity to that is beyond me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabe

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg