Free Rifle With Ammo Purchase!

lol my Dad would always speak of "the old Blue laws," not to mention ALL liquor sales through the State-owned stores. Too much to list. They keep changing the laws re: what can be used for small game, turkey, and varmints but i recall semis only on coyotes 24-7-365 w/ some deer season restrictions, and then more recently they said semi rifles are legal for small game (but i cannot imagine hunting squirrel w/ an AR-15-shooting up into the trees!?) Semi rimfire makes a bit more sense for that. They also eliminated the use of rifles at all for fall turkey. I used to love taking 'em w/ my .22 WMR (stalking in the fall!) Great fun. Where are you from Radname? I see you haven't been on here much and there's no info available pertaining to you. ;)
Oh and I can speak from experience an AR does not make for a very practical squirrel rifle. Turns out a .556 will pretty much turn a squirrel inside out.

the small round the 5.7 pistol cartridge-that's ideal for small game but of course i mean the .223 AR round. The 17 and 20 rimfires (even the really cool old 5mm RM) are classic examples of pretty trinkets sold by corporations (when the .22 WMR has had superior ballistics since its introduction in 1959.) It's a classic example of the coca-cola and frosted flakes they've sold unknowing people year in and year out. More drop, wind drift, priceless energy loss at distance in such puny toys! The .224 bullet is heavier, has a better BC/SC and can cleanly kill many things out to 150-180 yds no problemo. Fact-checked by me as a lil kid! The .17s are like shooting a ping pong ball at distant varmints of any kind. Many deer/antelope have been taken with the WMR, but there are guns more ideally suited for same (and rimfires are illegal for larger game in most states.)

Last edited:
the small round the 5.7 pistol cartridge-that's ideal for small game but of course i mean the .223 AR round. The 17 and 20 rimfires (even the really cool old 5mm RM) are classic examples of pretty trinkets sold by corporations (when the .22 WMR has had superior ballistics since its introduction in 1959.) It's a classic example of the coca-cola and frosted flakes they've sold unknowing people year in and year out. More drop, wind drift, priceless energy loss at distance in such puny toys! The .224 bullet is heavier, has a better BC/SC and can cleanly kill many things out to 150-180 yds no problemo. Fact-checked by me as a lil kid! The .17s are like shooting a ping pong ball at distant varmints of any kind. Many deer/antelope have been taken with the WMR, but there are guns more ideally suited for same (and rimfires are illegal for larger game in most states.)
Well put!

Hello. My name is Jim and I'm from North Idaho. You are correct I have not been on here very much I joined in a hurry roughly a month ago because I found some .505 brass, bullets, and dies in the classifieds that I wanted to snatch up. I'm glad I didn't miss the opportunity to make that purchase, but I do wish I would have taken a little more time to think of a better name! Oh well Radname will do. When I joined I posted a brief introduction, but I still need to fill out my profile. In Idaho there are no restrictions on hunting with an autoloader but we have never been able to shoot turkeys with rifles either. I wasn't aware that there were places you couldn't hunt with a semi auto so that's why I was curious about where. I am 45, married to my wonderful wife of 10 years, and work on the railroad. I love hunting, fishing, mushroom hunting, and firearms (hunting rifles in particular). I live at Priest lake Idaho and I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by tons of national forest. I have never been to Africa, but even before I joined the site I would find myself here regularly just by virtue of the things I search the Internet for, and when I discovered the classifieds.... well I knew I had to join! I am very impressed with what a great community I have found here everyone has been very kind and welcoming. I am also humbled by the amount of knowledge and experience this group has, and I feel honored to be able to learn from such a great community. So I guess that's pretty much me in a nutshell. I think I'm just a pretty regular guy who enjoys the outdoors and is a Rifle enthusiast. Sorry for the long winded reply. If you have read this far thanks for your time, and feel free to ask anything else you may want to know about me. Thanks.
'Sold a some nice guns to diehard hunter Nez Perce leaders in the Falls area (bc that's where the FFLs are.) They are quite competitive when it comes to bear hunting!!! lol HONEST one called to interview me prior to purchasing. lol i passed. Drove through there last summer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandadelhiaerocity

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.