Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I bid recently on two different M41s and ended up winning both!

I am going to sell the less expensive of the two...

Serial number is TAF2146, indicating a build date of sometime in 1985.

Hopefully the pictures tell the story. Comes with one mag and a box that unfortunately is for an earlier specimen.

Price is $950 FTF or plus transfer/shipping, or best offer. This price is $50 less than I have in the pistol.
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3052.JPG
IMG_3054.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
Pistol is in MO.

I have cleaned and function tested only. Runs perfect with CCI SV. I did add a recoil buffer.

Another pic or two...sorry about the glare on that second pic.

IMG_3051.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
No love for the M41?

You guys are telling me I paid too much for this...my asking price is $50 less than I paid! :ROFLMAO:

Just don't need two....and I have a new rifle to pay for.

Offers and trades considered....

Taarbe,
I am no expert on Model 41's. I have owned a couple. Great pistol. A lot of the perceived value is in condition, an extra mag and a box that matches the pistol. Further, you mentioned that this is the "2nd one that you want to sell". To me, that implies that this one is "less" than the other.

For some collectors, the 7" barrel is appealing vs the shorter barrel.

Your price is fair and reasonable to me. If I were in the market for one, I would offer you something around $900 shipped. However, you stated you are losing $50 already at the $950 number.

I would think that this will sell here and you can avoid GunBroker or Gunsinternational fees.

As in houses or cars or whatever, everything will sell - price is always the question....

The other M41 is an early 1960s item...so more expensive but to me, more desirable.

I would be happy to keep either one, I just assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the market for an 80s era at $950 would be better than for an even cleaner early 60s era at $250 more?

Always a learning experience!

Here is the early one, with cocking indicator. Ser#43536. Much harder to find a pristine 60 year old! So my first choice was to keep it...

IMG_2692.JPG

For those who may not know, the S&W Model 41 .22 Long Rifle pistol was designed with the same grip angle as the M1911 .45 Automatic pistol. It is the perfect companion and/or trainer for perfecting the 1911.

These are all more accurate than any but a world class (Olympic, Pan Am Games level) marksman could possibly outshoot.

I just got one for 1050 and was quite happy with that deal. 950 is very good for one of the sexiest 22’s out there! Finally going to shoot mine this weekend if the weather holds!

It is an interesting story behind the development of this pistol.

10 years or so in the prototype phase and once they finally brought it out (the same year I was "brought out"), it was about as perfected as humanly possible.

And yes, as Mark said, the original intent was as a trainer for the 1911 platform. The controls are very similar and the grip angle identical.

I paid $850 ten years ago for a drilled and tapped later model for Bullseye competitions.

Model 41s are great pistols, and you price is very good. I'm confident that you'd have no problem selling it at that price over on the forum with the Smith & Wesson name attached.

Best regards,

Model 41s are great pistols, and you price is very good. I'm confident that you'd have no problem selling it at that price over on the forum with the Smith & Wesson name attached.

Best regards,
If it does not sell in a week or two, I might put an ad on that other site (I am a member there, just not as well known as here).

tarbe, I let a gal shoot one of my Model 41(s) a couple of weeks ago. She loved it and wanted to buy mine. Unfortunately for her, mine isn't for sale. I will try and contact her, perhaps you can work something out. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for the SCI convention in Nashville where I'll be attending the AH get-together as well. If you get a buyer for it in the meantime, by all means sell it. I'll get back with you after I make contact with the potential buyer. BTW I made "Master" both Indoors and Outdoors with my Model 41.

They are great pistols. I shoot my early 1960's 5in M41 almost weekly. It is accurate as can be and I like to shoot it before shooting 1911's at the range. I also have a 7" M41 from the early 60's. My father-in-law gave me both of them. I would have loved to see him shoot them when he was completing. He was a world class marksman.

In my haste I only grabbed pics of one side!

Here are a couple I just took of the right side:

IMG_3076[1].JPG
IMG_3078[1].JPG

This is the TAF serial number pistol in the original post...from the 1980s.

New price...$950 shipped.

I looked closer at the right side and saw a few small blemishes, so dropped the price $50.

Tim

Somebody needs a spare M41? :unsure:

Here is your chance...open to considering offers!

Sold pending funds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandalGero

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!