Finally Found a Brno in 9.3x62

Fallschirmjaeger

AH member
Reaction score
Being in the US, we don't have a ton of older Brno rifles floating around. I'm lucky to have a ZG47 in 8x57, a ZG actioned Hussar in 30-06, and two ZKK600s from the 60s with pop up peeps in 30-06. Yesterday I saw a ZKK600 in 9.3x62 show up on an importers website and although I felt the price was a bit too much, I bought it. You don't see that rifle everyday, especially not with a pop up peep. So I probably overpaid, but I've been hunting for that combination for quite some time, and sometimes if you snooze you lose. I would post a link, but I'm not sure what the rules are with other websites.

Anyways, I'm hoping a made the right decision...

Hopefully it'll be exactly what you want. I also have been buying Brno rifles. Currently own two model 22's, both are 8x57, one a half stock carbine the other a half stock rifle. Later this year I will expand to couple of different calibers.

Congratulations! I have the CZ 550 Kevlar 9.3x62 but I would have preferred a ZKK. I never see the ZKK in 9.3x62 for sale, only the CZ 550, so wouldn’t even have an idea on a price point these days. You may not come across another for a very long time. If you can afford it and this somewhat rare rifle makes you happy, then it was the correct decision! Maybe take a screen shot and post it?

1000002174.png

Good find! Wish we saw more of them, but once a person gets their hands on one it very seldom leaves the family for several generations.

Being in the US, we don't have a ton of older Brno rifles floating around. I'm lucky to have a ZG47 in 8x57, a ZG actioned Hussar in 30-06, and two ZKK600s from the 60s with pop up peeps in 30-06. Yesterday I saw a ZKK600 in 9.3x62 show up on an importers website and although I felt the price was a bit too much, I bought it. You don't see that rifle everyday, especially not with a pop up peep. So I probably overpaid, but I've been hunting for that combination for quite some time, and sometimes if you snooze you lose. I would post a link, but I'm not sure what the rules are with other websites.

You can never overpay on that gem.....well done....the best large plains game/dg where legal caliber....

Will do. And yes I forgot I do have two of the Z rifles (21/22...I can never remember the correct model). Both the carbine length stutzens with round topped receivers...8x57 and 7x57.
The rifle manufacturer road in Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic is VERY convoluted! Including the model numbers.

It is a very good thing you saw that rifle first! Otherwise it would be you sitting and lamenting the fact that you didn’t check yesterday often enough! I as well would not have even blinked at the price.

Congratulations. As IvW said, you've got yourself a gem, one of the best large plains game/dg rifles possible. In a very short period of time you'll have forgotten the price but will still be enjoying the rifle for years to come.

Hi Fallschirmjaeger,

Good for you!!! Congratulations!
I found mine abd bought it as soon I saw in the second hand guns page of a gunshop in Madrid. We met one year later, visiting a son there. Travel back with the rifle, all papers OK to leave Spain and to introduce here.
My favorite rifle since 2017. Fit like a glove and couldn't be happier with the 9,3x62 for ALL my hunting.
Enjoy yours!

CF

Nice grab!. Range report, please when you get to shoot her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GretaMakut

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you