Finally Found a Brno in 9.3x62

Hi Fallschirmjaeger,

Do you know the year of the rifle? Should be last sixties-early seventies I pressume. The stock is original? Nice rifle for a great cartridge!

CF

Hi Fallschirmjaeger,

Do you know the year of the rifle? Should be last sixties-early seventies I pressume. The stock is original? Nice rifle for a great cartridge!

CF

Clodo,

It is stamped 1967. I believe the stock is original, as I have a ZKK-600 in .30-06 with the same stock. I believe these older ZKKs came in three stock variations: the squarish Weatherby style with the "rosewood" (I'm not sure if they were rosewood or just stained red) forend tip, the rounded forend in an English style (for lack of a better term), and the slimmer stock with the raised cheek piece and schnabel forend like this one has.

I have to admit, I've given thought to shaving down the comb on it too make it a straight comb instead of having that monte carlo hump.

Hi F,

Yes, the first ZKKs were offered with these three stock styles, being the simple the usual one.
My 9,3x62 is also stamped ´67. Enjoy yours!

Will do. And yes I forgot I do have two of the Z rifles (21/22...I can never remember the correct model). Both the carbine length stutzens with round topped receivers...8x57 and 7x57.
Brno never had them defined as separate models. They were all model Z. The model numbers were strictly for/by exporters.

Here in Canada they are typically referred to as 21 (round receiver) and 22 (square receiver). 21/22 F (full length stock), 21/22 H (half stock). Not all 21/22 F were stutzens.

Then there is another school of thought (I think based on old ads): 21 = carbine/stutzen and 22 = rifle. F and H for stock designation.

Regardless of designation, they are one of the best if not the best "stalking" rifles ever made. Slim, trim, light, beautiful, naturally aiming, simple, reliable, accurate, etc.

Best Brno rifles for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomoha

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.