Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I have not flown Delta since 2019 to South Africa. For the ones that have flown Delta recently. Is the Premium Select seat worth the extra $1000 for the flight over vrs Comfort Plus? That's what is showing for flights I am looking at.
Last 3 trips I flew Qatar Business, but is priced too high for next June!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Not sure what Comfort Plus is, but I've flown the Delta flight from Atlanta to J'burg in Premium Select and it's worth the extra $1000. Nicer seat that reclines-but not to flat--and basically the same food and beverage service as business class.

I flew both last June. For some reason the Premium Select was cheaper than the Comfort Plus on the return.
The seat was a little nicer and food was better. But was it a $1,000 better? No.

I flew in July, and the seat, boarding and food was worth it to me. In the past just flew in the back

Suggestion, book the cheaper option on the delta app. Check back regularly and it lists the price to upgrade the different legs of your ticket and if it hits your price point buy it quickly as they go fast. Worked for me last time upgraded to the suite on atl-Jnb leg for 625 if I remember correctly. Good luck or just save some money and another animal to hunt! Or heck sell me another scope and the ammo to help make up difference. Thank you Sir! Mac

I have not flown Delta since 2019 to South Africa. For the ones that have flown Delta recently. Is the Premium Select seat worth the extra $1000 for the flight over vrs Comfort Plus? That's what is showing for flights I am looking at.
Last 3 trips I flew Qatar Business, but is priced too high for next June!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
On the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB seat 41J is the best seat outside of business class. It is in coach on an exit row without a seat in front of you. Just got back last week…best value for the money

Not worth it imo

I got my premium select seat for pretty cheap but bulkhead comfort plus or the exit row seats described already with no seat in front of them would better.

If you do go with PS do not sit in the front row. The two lavatories are used non stop the entire flight and the light from the galley is obnoxious. Food was slightly better than an MRE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynSch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?