Client killed Kafue National Park, Zambia

Idiots around dg game.....
They cant read body language....should never have stopped....
I have said it so many times....ears are ALLWAYS OUT not tucked in on a actual charge.....this one was determined from the start.....lone bull...horny....

Same shit happened in Pilanesburg with a truck not a bakkie.....luckily nobody was killed in that one....

Sadly someine died in Zambia....tragic and totally avoidable....

IMG-20240401-WA0043.jpg
IMG-20240401-WA0042.jpg

Ears in ears out, I will not argue the point (not that i disagree). It was not only avoidable, the ele was baited. Lets see what parks does to the responsible peoople.

Lon

I can’t believe how many laugh reactions there are on the FB video.

Those are the insensitive key board ninja pricks on FB still living with their parents. Those idiots believe that everything is a video game and have no remorse. :mad::mad:

Here is the view from the truck elephant is minding his own business.....guide(if you can call that) decides not to keep his distance but rather turn around and confront the bull head on......and loses the fight......idiot.....

Ears in ears out, I will not argue the point (not that i disagree). It was not only avoidable, the ele was baited. Lets see what parks does to the responsible peoople.

Lon
I am ignorant of the regulations for "photo" safaris. Are the tour operators required to have a properly armed game ranger? With a proper Big Game rifle, not just an AK-47?

I can imagine that the "laws and regulations" have some loopholes of a monetary nature.

At 0:57 he still has good chance to avoid the disaster that follows.....

Lon
Lon, the ele was not baited.
In fact quite the opposite. The guide got caught in a tight spot and moved off road to give the ele a wide berth. The ele noticed them and made a determined effort to get them. Driver got into a position where he could not more forward any further.

Not good decision making, but also not baited.
Reason he gave a wide berth as soon as seeing the ele is it is known to be a bit ill tempered and tried to get around and away.

This is what has been reported to me so far.
Whether there is more to the story, time will tell.

Sad news. Lufupa is a lovely area and unfortunately the ele in Kafue are generally short tempered. Even in the hunting concessions to the south of Kafue where my dad used to hunt regularly, there were many a plaque attached to trees where ele had killed people.

No baiting....

Here is the video of the incident. An elephant charged and turned over the tour vehicle. Not sure why the driver stopped. Tragic.

I'm guessing other elephants in the road?

When y’all say baiting, are you saying enticed with food or are you saying taunted and harassed?
I believe it to mean the ele was taunted. That’s how I took it and responded along those lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.