Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
After noticing a comment of a freight forwarder in another thread I decided to do a little research and see what was going on in the world of freight forwarding. To my chagrin I found a rather troubled situation in the world of air freight....

CARGOLUX, one of, if not the worlds largest Air freight companies decided, in 2018, to revisit the Colonial past by repeating history and deciding to impose its "ethics" and ignorance of wildlife conservation on African people.

CARGOLUX's current policy is actively choosing to subvert African citizens self determination in the management of their sustainable resources by imposing their "European" values on the continent by restricting trade through ignorance and without consultation.

CARGOLUX erroneously justifies their actions by purporting to support preservation of wildlife and the environment. This supposition is devoid of any substance and is in obvious contradiction to widely held knowledge and facts of conservation science. Sustainable resources and their reasonable use is sound policy and should be determined by Africans for Africans. The CARGOLUX's policy and it's parallel with the past is chilling.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 08.37.02.png

Luxembourg Colonial Administrator

Historically, Luxembourgs Grand Duchy actively participated in Belgium's colonialism of the Congo and actively recruited people for colonial service in the Belgian Congo. Although not a direct "power" they certainly participated and benefited directly.

"The colonial system was based on the principle of inequality between the colonists and the colonised. Referring to pseudo-scientific racial theories, the colonial masters justified their belief in their own superiority as well as their legitimacy to take possession of non-European territories and to control the native populations.
From today's perspective, the discriminative racial ideology, that was prevalent for a long time, lacks any scientific basis. And society's attitude in this respect has also changed over the years. However, the Black Lives Matter movement shows that racist thinking continues to have an effect all over the world, including in the Grand Duchy."
https://www.nationalmusee.lu/en/exhibitions/luxembourgs-colonial-past
Richard-Forson-Cargolux-Photo-Cargolux-scaled.jpg

Fashion has changed but has the thinking?

" Luxembourg, 05 June 2018 – Cargolux has taken the decision to ban the transport of game hunting trophies on-board their aircraft with immediate effect.

The company joins a growing list of airlines that refuse to carry hunting shipments.

“This practice does not align with the company’s ethical engagements and policies, we can therefore no longer accept these shipment requests. Cargolux is committed to building a sustainable business model and this includes preserving the environment and its natural resources”, says Richard Forson, president and CEO of Cargolux."
Media Release - CARGOLUX June 5, 2018 Attached.

Cargolux, Just wondering: Do African lives matter?

Attachments

• 2018_06_05_hunting-trophies-ban-en.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 57
It is sad for hunters and the people employed in the various fields related to trophies. I can only hope that at some point common sense prevails (highly unlikely I know). If anything it’ll probably get worse. I just hope that this type of stuff doesn’t keep hunters from going. At the end of the day conservation is more important than trophies and every hunter’s dollar counts.

It is sad for hunters and the people employed in the various fields related to trophies. I can only hope that at some point common sense prevails (highly unlikely I know). If anything it’ll probably get worse. I just hope that this type of stuff doesn’t keep hunters from going. At the end of the day conservation is more important than trophies and every hunter’s dollar counts.
I'm one of those guys who probably wouldn't hunt in Africa if I couldn't take anything home with me, it just wouldn't seem right to me. Lets hope common sense prevails.

I'm one of those guys who probably wouldn't hunt in Africa if I couldn't take anything home with me, it just wouldn't seem right to me. Lets hope common sense prevails.
I definitely understand wanting to bring trophies home. I do as well. That said, I wouldn’t let the inability (theoretically speaking) to do so stop me from going. You’re still helping conserve wildlife and you’re still in Africa! You’ll still have the experience and the pictures

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeMom

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg