Blaser ideal Africa 2 barrel set

You must be dialing the wrong number. Look up Cove Creek Outfitters online. I’ve never has a problem calling them during normal business hours. Talk with Bob or Bobby, they are great and really know their stuff.

Mark is with Mad Dog and Von is with Top Dog. Both are excellent sources for Blaser rifles and parts.

HH

I'd have thought something like 7mm Rem Mag / 300 WM for plains game and 458WM for Buff?

7mm or 300's are great for PG but if you're looking for versatility to include DG, you have to take a hard look at 375's. In fact, 375's can and do make excellent one gun safaris for anything.

7mm or 300's are great for PG but if you're looking for versatility to include DG, you have to take a hard look at 375's. In fact, 375's can and do make excellent one gun safaris for anything.
:S Agree:

One gun in 375 (you choose the flavor...H&H, RUGER, WBY...) to travel light and take a full bag. 300 grain Woodliegh Hydros for elephant and the T10 with 300 grain TSX for everything else.

:S Agree:

One gun in 375 (you choose the flavor...H&H, RUGER, WBY...) to travel light and take a full bag. 300 grain Woodliegh Hydros for elephant and the T10 with 300 grain TSX for everything else.

Exactly! I did precisely that with 300 TSX and reported it here...croc, buff, sable, etc. I might have been a little under-gunned on that honey badger but it worked out.

I've bought several items (in person and over the phone) from Cove Creek Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Blaser rifle, parts, F3 shotgun and most recently a MSR...all were completely seamless transactions.

Others I trust for Blaser rifles and parts are Somarriba, Euro Optic and Van at Top Dog Guns Global.

Not sure if you got Top Dog and Mad Dog mixed up because I only know Mark at Mad Dog, but maybe there's a Val who works there now.
Likely I am crossed but too lazy to search my records.

You must be dialing the wrong number. Look up Cove Creek Outfitters online. I’ve never has a problem calling them during normal business hours. Talk with Bob or Bobby, they are great and really know their stuff.
I haven't dialed a number since the 90's, called from their GBP listing.

I've bought several items (in person and over the phone) from Cove Creek Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Blaser rifle, parts, F3 shotgun and most recently a MSR...all were completely seamless transactions.
I once took a drive up there to visit the store. It was very much worth it and it was a few hours for me each way. They were kind and answered my questions ad nauseum. They built me a rifle up and let me handle it as I familiarized myself with the system. Down the road I only regretted not having bought the thing that day. It would have committed me to clearing out a few guys for sure, but I am unsure that would've been such a bad thing.

300 WM for PG and 458 Lott for everything else. A beautiful combination which cleverly avoids that pesky .375 do all cartridge. Otherwise why do we need a second barrel?
That pesky 375 do it all has killed more game and dg than the other two combined......

My

Blaser ideal Africa 2 barrel set​

Would be a right and left one.

on a Blaser S2
Tell me it's a 500/416NE and I'll be impressed.

Or at least let us know the caliber.

BeeMaa, that is my ideal blaser 2 barrel set. Unfortunately I don’t have one.

I do however have a Krieghoff in 500/416.

I give credit or blame :>)))

to AZDave and Mark Quellette for enabling and spending my money. :>)))

BeeMaa, that is my ideal blaser 2 barrel set. Unfortunately I don’t have one.

I do however have a Krieghoff in 500/416.

I give credit or blame :>)))

to AZDave and Mark Quellette for enabling and spending my money. :>)))
A fine double rifle in 500/416NE is my Moby Dick. Maybe one day...

AZDave and Mark Ouellette have been helping me work up a load for an upcoming hunt. It seems to prefer in this order

1. Cutting edge solids and Safari Raptors
2. Barnes Solids
3. Hornady Solids
At 2350-2360 ish

This June we brought two R8’s with .375, 9.3x62 and .270 Win barrels in one small case. I also brought a left handed bolt for my sister.

I hunted Dik Dik and Cape Buffalo with the .375. The 9.3 was for my daughter to hunt hippo.

I own and use the .22LR barrel regularly for shooting practice and small game hunting. It is a great advantage to be able to get a variety of calibers, but I’d recommend having a bigger caliber for Africa. Invariably, while hunting Dukier, you will see a nice animal in a much bigger species.

Note: I brought the two stocks and 3 barrels in my case under my name. The case was about 44 lbs. The scopes went in my carry on. So… you could go 3 barrels, but you might never use the others after you get on a roll with the .375.
What do you use for a case? Just buying an R8 and deciding how to transport.

Pelican 1700 ordered with NO FOAM. Get PE foam from Amazon and cut to shape.

What @BeeMaa said! Although I ordered it with foam and used an electric Turkey knife to cut the shapes out. A Pelican 1700 will fit two stocks, 3 barrels, and 3 actions. The scopes go in my carry on. Try not to draw on your rifle with the sharpie marker when tracing the cuts.

Weight is around 44 lbs, I think.

The three actions are 2 for right handlers and one left hand action (entire bolt assembly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxColbert

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)