Black owned hunting safari businesses?

Considering the taste that this title has, this is going to be a very long thread.

@Wheels don't you have a longtime family friend that's an outfitter in Tanzania?

Just a simple question. Are there any black owned safari companies owned by black Africans?
What difference does this make? If they are citizens of their respective country where I am interested in hunting it doesn't matter whether they are Black or White Africans. I always go to the reviews of others regarding their experience with an outfitter I am interested in booking with. I never ask the outfitter to send me a photo of themselves to see what color they happen to be.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have stepped into a giant pile donkey dung.
I'm sorry, you knew exactly what you were doing with your initial question and how it was phrased. You could have elaborated and been more specific (as you did in a later response). But your initial query came across as a loaded question and was meant to be one. So let's not get all offended with the responses and questions you're receiving. By the way, define "local" anyway? I've hunted with Professionals who can trace their ancestry and ties to Africa going back 200+ years---and they were of European descent. Is that local enough? And just because someone is Black does not necessarily make them a "local" to the particular tribal area they are doing business in. To assume so otherwise just because of their skin color would be profiling and being very naive about Africa.

I don’t care if you’re white, black or pink with purple polka dots, as long as you operate with competence and integrity.
Yes,yes

I'm also a transplant here and where I emigrated from. Always makes me laugh when I return to Montana to hunt and some clown in the bar with a southern drawl starts bawling about the foreigner shooting his deer, blah, blah. I was born there essentially (parents moved to Montana from Idaho three days after my birth) and I'm a disabled US veteran. That shuts him up. :D

The point being stereotypes, racial or otherwise, are bullshit. I hate them.
Yes,yes

If I asked for a PH safari company that didn't ha any Colonial influence, I would have insulted a Frenchmen, A Brit, someone from Portugal, and a few Germans along the way. Do we need to go over the ugly colonial history of Africa?

I'll say it again. I FUCKED UP.
@Sketchy1973, I appreciated your question and understood your intent.

I'm a simple man and it is a simple, fair question. The issue at hand, in our society, is that race, and stereotypes has been made such a highly controversial issues by most of the media, the cultural elites, and "politicians."

Race is a big issue here in South Louisiana, near New Orleans, as it can't be ignored, and I know very racist White people, unfortunately, and Black people that play the race card.
Uniquely, a valued human quality, is that race is not really an issue in most kitchens of Louisiana, as is is about making great food, with care and love. The culinary traditions are a "great equalizer."

We have a food expression, in Acadiana, where I grew up about "Black Church BBQ."
It is the food prepared by Black Churches, as fundraisers. Some of the best damn food you will ever eat. We all love it, and it's okay to say that. Everybody knows what you mean, and nobody is offended.

I could never say that in New Orleans amongst mix company that I don't know.

@Sketchy1973, I appreciated your question and understood your intent.

I'm a simple man and it is a simple, fair question. The issue at hand, in our society, is that race, and stereotypes has been made such a highly controversial issues by most of the media, the cultural elites, and "politicians."

Race is a big issue here in South Louisiana, near New Orleans, as it can't be ignored, and I know very racist White people, unfortunately, and Black people that play the race card.
Uniquely, a valued human quality, is that race is not really an issue in most kitchens of Louisiana, as is is about making great food, with care and love. The culinary traditions are a "great equalizer."

We have a food expression, in Acadiana, where I grew up about "Black Church BBQ."
It is the food prepared by Black Churches, as fundraisers. Some of the best damn food you will ever eat. We all love it, and it's okay to say that. Everybody knows what you mean, and nobody is offended.

I could never say that in New Orleans amongst mix company that I don't know.
Well said and thank you

In some instances on the forum all you have to do is say “Hello from where ever” and you’ll be asked to explain whatever it is you mean and just why you said what you said…..

A asked a moderator if they could remove the post. He told me to hang in there and I will blow over. In general, they don't remove post. I'm not sure this one will blow over. It may pass up the Rolex post.
Oh, don't worry, this'll blow over. Now if you really want something that will go on forever try saying something like, "the .358 Win shoots as flat as a .300 Win Mag." or "a lever action (any caliber) is the perfect rifle for for Africa." Those things just never die.

A asked a moderator if they could remove the post. He told me to hang in there and I will blow over. In general, they don't remove post. I'm not sure this one will blow over. It may pass up the Rolex post.

LOL, yes it will blow over… eventually. If I were you, I’d just stop checking this thread. You’ve clarified your question, nuff said.

@Wheels don't you have a longtime family friend that's an outfitter in Tanzania?

Sherdell Sherdell is a long time family friend from Tanzania that I and others on AH have hunted with. My Father and Sherdell's father were friends many years ago. Sherdell provides great service at a fair price.

1711821279205.png

In Africa I've hunted with:

Black African PH's.
Chinese African PH's.
White African PH's.

You know Africans.

There are also Arab African PH's. And Hispanic African PH's. Am I missing anyone? Probably.

Hey I've got this wild ass idea. Why don't we make everything merit based.

Just realized that for my first African animal I was helped by a female Chinese African PH. She looked a little young to me but hey she got me on my Blesbok. :)

IMG_0617.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard6789

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani