Black owned hunting safari businesses?

LOL, yes it will blow over… eventually. If I were you, I’d just stop checking this thread. You’ve clarified your question, nuff said.
@Sketchy1973 What he said.

:S Beat Dead Horse:

Oh, ya. FYI, Don't be swearing or you will get a time out.

In Africa I've hunted with:

Black African PH's.
Chinese African PH's.
White African PH's.

You know Africans.

There are also Arab African PH's. And Hispanic African PH's. Am I missing anyone? Probably.

Hey I've got this wild ass idea. Why don't we make everything merit based.

Just realized that for my first African animal I was helped by a female Chinese African PH. She looked a little young to me but hey she got me on my Blesbok. :)

View attachment 596510

I feel like we need a story about the female Chinese PH. Like how did that come about, I know a little Chinese lady didn't walk up at SCI and said let me take you hunting.

Okay ya caught me. She is actually the younger sister of my PH. She accompanied us on the hunt and did help. And that was my first African animal.

BTW you have a nice Kudu there.

Okay ya caught me. She is actually the younger sister of my PH. She accompanied us on the hunt and did help. And that was my first African animal.

BTW you have a nice Kudu there.

Thats pretty awesome regardless, cool she was learning and participating in the hunt and profession. We really need more of that in hunting.

Thank you sir! It is an animal I never thought I get to see in the Wild let alone hunt.

Well thank god you didn’t ask about tribe :A Stirring:

LOL, now you’ve done it! I’ve done a lot of work in Africa and have dealt with this in spades. Tribalism can be racism on steroids!

Don’t I know it. Not just in Africa. But hey as others have said I’d rather have a ph that knows his stuff and keeps me from getting scribbled……don’t give two hoots what tribe there from let alone colour……but if he supports Australia in the rugby well that would be a step too far:ROFLMAO:

You'd be catching as much crap from everybody on this board if you'd asked about white-only outfitters and PHs. I've never met a more color-blind group of people in my life as hunters. "Tell me your stories. Show me your guns. Do you hand load? What's your pet load?"

Skin color shouldn't be a selection criterion for anything. At the USAF Academy, they've had a big push to get more black candidates accepted. Attrition rate for the black cadets is about 34%, and for white cadets is about 20%.

"How can we do a better job of retaining our black cadets?" USAF leadership is asking.

That's the wrong question to ask. "What is it about our selection process that's failing to identify candidates who don't have the wherewithal to suffer the rigors of 4 years at a military academy?" is the only appropriate question to ask. If you cannot identify the problem (the selection process), then any solution (geared towards retention in this case) is destined for failure.

If you go into any endeavor with skin color as a selection criterion (other than the arts - Channing Tatum would be as stupid of a choice to play Shaka Zulu as Idris Elba would be to play Henry VIII), you are merely increasing your probability of being disappointed in your selection.

You'd be catching as much crap from everybody on this board if you'd asked about white-only outfitters and PHs. I've never met a more color-blind group of people in my life as hunters. "Tell me your stories. Show me your guns. Do you hand load? What's your pet load?"

Skin color shouldn't be a selection criterion for anything. At the USAF Academy, they've had a big push to get more black candidates accepted. Attrition rate for the black cadets is about 34%, and for white cadets is about 20%.

"How can we do a better job of retaining our black cadets?" USAF leadership is asking.

That's the wrong question to ask. "What is it about our selection process that's failing to identify candidates who don't have the wherewithal to suffer the rigors of 4 years at a military academy?" is the only appropriate question to ask. If you cannot identify the problem (the selection process), then any solution (geared towards retention in this case) is destined for failure.

If you go into any endeavor with skin color as a selection criterion (other than the arts - Channing Tatum would be as stupid of a choice to play Shaka Zulu as Idris Elba would be to play Henry VIII), you are merely increasing your probability of being disappointed in your selection.
Best response I have heard yet

Well put Sgt Zim,

I'm not afraid to say that really screwed up. Aside from a few good butt chewings, which I fully deserve, most of the comments have been positive. But mostly educational. Now this is from personal experience and observation, yet I'm hesitant to say it. Skin color appears to be a bigger hot button issue here in the US, than it is in Africa. At least where I traveled in Tanzania, with more countries to follow. In so many ways, Africa has figured out a few things. We should all take note.

Every day I encourage my coworkers to travel abroad. But if I mention Africa, everyone acts as if the are going to get ebola. It's dumb.

Interesting point on the USAF, but what about the armed forces as a whole?

Well put Sgt Zim,

I'm not afraid to say that really screwed up. Aside from a few good butt chewings, which I fully deserve, most of the comments have been positive. But mostly educational. Now this is from personal experience and observation, yet I'm hesitant to say it. Skin color appears to be a bigger hot button issue here in the US, than it is in Africa. At least where I traveled in Tanzania, with more countries to follow. In so many ways, Africa has figured out a few things. We should all take note.

Every day I encourage my coworkers to travel abroad. But if I mention Africa, everyone acts as if the are going to get ebola. It's dumb.

Interesting point on the USAF, but what about the armed forces as a whole?
I’m not sure I completely agree on the point that Africa has figured it out with what has happened to the white farmers in Zimbabwe and what has been threatened in South Africa. While the general populations seem to get along quite well but some of the people in charge don’t seem to get it .
My sample size is relatively small, 3 provinces in South Africa but about 6 months in Mozambique almost all of which was spent in the bush.

I don't know what the answer is. I work for a large aerospace manufacturer, you known, the one with door issues. Anyway, we just hired on 35 new employees into entry level manufacturing positions. In that group, Hispanic and Asian make up about 15% the rest is Caucasian. Not I single African American new hire. The question is why, here is an opportunity to make $60,000 a year starting. After 6yrs, someone can easily make over 100k. I just don't get it. Where are the applicants? This is in Wa state, the green hippy state, where everyone is equal. Boeing prides it's self on diversity? Anyone need a job?

I don't know what the answer is. I work for a large aerospace manufacturer, you known, the one with door issues. Anyway, we just hired on 35 new employees into entry level manufacturing positions. In that group, Hispanic and Asian make up about 15% the rest is Caucasian. Not I single African American new hire. The question is why, here is an opportunity to make $60,000 a year starting. After 6yrs, someone can easily make over 100k. I just don't get it. Where are the applicants? This is in Wa state, the green hippy state, where everyone is equal. Boeing prides it's self on diversity? Anyone need a job?
Of course, if you want/need a REAL laugh, talk to the HR people doing the interviewing/hiring. I cannot believe some of the stories, lol.

The answer to the question of “why” is largely answered by one word: culture. If one objectively looks at the history of black America since the 60s it’s pretty easy to get the general picture.

Of course, if you want/need a REAL laugh, talk to the HR people doing the interviewing/hiring. I cannot believe some of the stories, lol.
Ahhh no. We are not seeing applicants from African Americans as a whole. It has nothing to do with Hr. Our managers do the hiring, you can not hire someone that doesn't apply in the first place. Why is the question.

Ahhh no. We are not seeing applicants from African Americans as a whole. It has nothing to do with Hr. Our managers do the hiring, you can not hire someone that doesn't apply in the first place. Why is the question.
I didn't mean African American hires...just funny stories in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.