Beretta BRX1

Even though I did end up going R8 route, I am still interested in BRX1. I'm glad that unlike Europe, they do not currently offer it in wood stock or 30-06 caliber in USA, otherwise it would have been difficult to resist :)

I called Beretta today. In short, I know more about their products than the customer rep I spoke with. I asked will the BRX1 be available in 30-06 or a caliber change kit available in 30-06. He said, "it is already out." My reply "where? It's not on your website or with any distributor." His reply, "Let me look. Nope. I guess we don't have it in 30-06." I asked if it may be available in the future. "I have no idea." I asked about the "wild boar" model a friend of mine in Spain was telling me about and of course, he had never heard of it. He asked, "Are you sure it is a Beretta?" I replied, "It says so on the barrel and a Beretta salesperson has it on several videos on YouTube, so, I am pretty sure it is a Beretta." His response: "Huh. Is there anything else I can help you with?" My response, literally: :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:followed by "have a nice day!"

My interest in the BRX1 is gone.

Safe shooting

I was thinking of buying a BRX 1. But I'm also not going to wait for Beretta USA to wake up. They could really have a good product here.

I best not post too much here,. I just bought a Winchester model 70 Safari express, and my wife is currently online looking at recent purchases.

I must go hide now.

I called Beretta today. In short, I know more about their products than the customer rep I spoke with. I asked will the BRX1 be available in 30-06 or a caliber change kit available in 30-06. He said, "it is already out." My reply "where? It's not on your website or with any distributor." His reply, "Let me look. Nope. I guess we don't have it in 30-06." I asked if it may be available in the future. "I have no idea." I asked about the "wild boar" model a friend of mine in Spain was telling me about and of course, he had never heard of it. He asked, "Are you sure it is a Beretta?" I replied, "It says so on the barrel and a Beretta salesperson has it on several videos on YouTube, so, I am pretty sure it is a Beretta." His response: "Huh. Is there anything else I can help you with?" My response, literally: :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:followed by "have a nice day!"

My interest in the BRX1 is gone.

Safe shooting

The BRX1 comes standard in the 30-06 I handled several of them at the SCI show in February.

One of the biggest drawbacks to the BRX1 is the scope is mounted to the receiver and will need to be rezeroed if the barrel is removed for transport or cleaning.

The Blaser R8 has the scope mounted to the barrel and will return to zero every time. There are several other advantages to the R8 as well but this is supposed to be a thread about the Beretta.

There is a significant difference in price between the two and I understand that we all have financial restrictions. That said, I’ve never considered how much I paid for a rifle or scope as I’m making a final stalk on an animal.

Take your time and make the best decision for yourself with the understanding that you will get what you pay for.

Not available in USA, or at least I have not seen it at any dealer.
I have made several calls to dealers, and nobody knows if or when it will be available in 30-06. Dallas dealer promised a call back. Odd that they wouldn't roll out a new rifle in the US in 30-06.

Safe shooting

One of the biggest drawbacks to the BRX1 is the scope is mounted to the receiver and will need to be rezeroed if the barrel is removed for transport or cleaning.

The Blaser R8 has the scope mounted to the barrel and will return to zero every time. There are several other advantages to the R8 as well but this is supposed to be a thread about the Beretta.

There is a significant difference in price between the two and I understand that we all have financial restrictions. That said, I’ve never considered how much I paid for a rifle or scope as I’m making a final stalk on an animal.

Take your time and make the best decision for yourself with the understanding that you will get what you pay for.
Why was I interested in the BRX1? I want to try a straight pull rifle and it is priced along the same lines as several other common rifle brands. I have trouble paying the Blaser prices for that much ugly. In my experience, quality QD mount systems make the Blaser barrel scope mount "advantage" a small issue.

As far as your other comments, seriously?!?! I give you the same response I gave to the Beretta customer service rep: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Safe shooting

Just like the R8 the scope rail on the BRX1 is part of the barrel, will it hold its zero like the R8 I don't know, Beretta says it will but I have no experience with either rifle.

Great videos on YouTube and the FTW Ranch did a really good review as well. Just talked to the "BRX1 Guy" at the Beretta Gallery. Several calibers to include 30-06, .223 and .243 will be available (hopefully) later this year as well as wooden stocks.

Safe shooting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ketquamoinhat01

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,