Beretta BRX1

wvfred

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe x 2 and Zambia
Has anyone on here owned or shot one of these yet?It looks like it may be a good alternative for a Blaser.I just don't see many caliber options yet.

I currently own a Benelli Lupo so was very interested in getting a Beretta rifle as well but the more I researched BRX1, the more I got pulled towards Blaser, which seems to be their target. Granted Blaser costs more than double the BRX1, that would be my choice between the two as it has a proven track record. Also, the stock options offered in BRX1 just don't interest me as they feel and look very cheap.

I've looked at them recently in a local gun shop. I feel that Beretta has done their homework. The build quality looks very sound. The only reason I did not purchase one, is due to the fact that they haven't released any spare barrels yet. Hopefully, Beretta will properly support this product by offering options. If they do not offer additional barrel options, it my not be a successful platform. One problem I do have, is that Beretta will most likely only offer calibers that will sell in the USA. I'd love for them to do a 9.3x62 with iron sights. A few years back I tried to get a Tikka T3, with iron sights, and was told it wouldn't be offered to the US market. But I also may be the only guy in the USA that like to hunt with iron sights.

Beretta has no plans for a broad range of calibers - .22 - 505J like the R8. No return to zero scope. No short action. A very different use case

Beretta would not go through that level of engineering if the didn't have a plan for the BRX 1. The offer four caliber options. 6.5 Cred, 308 win, and 300 win mag in the USA. 30-06 is available in Europe. They also offer wood stock options in Europe and iron sight options. As for the scope returning to zero, the scope is mounted to the barrel using a cantilever. The scope can stay with the barrel when doing a caliber change. The deal with the Beretta is that they are offering a complete rifle, with future options, for half the price of a Blaser barrel.

Beretta would not go through that level of engineering if the didn't have a plan for the BRX 1. The offer four caliber options. 6.5 Cred, 308 win, and 300 win mag in the USA. 30-06 is available in Europe. They also offer wood stock options in Europe and iron sight options. As for the scope returning to zero, the scope is mounted to the barrel using a cantilever. The scope can stay with the barrel when doing a caliber change. The deal with the Beretta is that they are offering a complete rifle, with future options, for half the price of a Blaser barrel.
You say that like the ARX-100 wasn't a disaster. They introduced a battle rifle whose selling point was quick change barrels and then never released any quick change barrels. No wonder it went over like a wet pancake in the US.

You say that like the ARX-100 wasn't a disaster. They introduced a battle rifle whose selling point was quick change barrels and then never released any quick change barrels. No wonder it went over like a wet pancake in the US.
Very valid point.

I'm grumpy on Beretta about that. I got one of those as soon as I could find one. Then I waited and waited and waited....and finally sold off the ones that I had.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if they wanted to redeem themselves a bit, but I'm thinking this to be a trust but verify situation before I start considering going to the wallet. Especially if they have a more limited caliber selection as earlier posts note.

I believe Merkel and Sauer both made/make switch barrels and many doubles do the same

R8s can be had 5K or less with a bit of patience. And the rifle cost is nearly immaterial if you regularly hunt in Africa or other dangerous game.

A quick check on prices and availability in Chinada. Blaser R8 offers at approx 5200.00 Cdn$, basic model with one barrel, Beretta BRX1available at 2100.00 Cdn$. Two different buyer markets targeted. I haven't held or shot either one. FWIW.

I also looked a lot at BRX1, basically I could get three complete rifles for the price of on R8 with two barrels. And I'm a leftie so not much to choose from.

Liked BRX1, BUT, I wanted .243 and couldn't get that last year, and wanted 9.3x62 which is not (yet) available. And now I want .416 too, so happy that I didn't go the BRX1 way, but not because I think it's a bad rifle, but like being able to add.

Also looked at Tikka T3x CTR, fine for .243, but for 9.3x62 had to take eg Lite, so not exactly the same rifle. And nothing bigger than 9.3x62.

So ended up with blaser. And very happy, the biggest purchase I've ever done besides property, and don't regret it for a second.

A quick check on prices and availability in Chinada. Blaser R8 offers at approx 5200.00 Cdn$, basic model with one barrel, Beretta BRX1available at 2100.00 Cdn$. Two different buyer markets targeted. I haven't held or shot either one. FWIW.
Where are you seeing $5,200? Most I'm seeing are between $8,000-$10,000.

I also looked a lot at BRX1, basically I could get three complete rifles for the price of on R8 with two barrels. And I'm a leftie so not much to choose from.

Liked BRX1, BUT, I wanted .243 and couldn't get that last year, and wanted 9.3x62 which is not (yet) available. And now I want .416 too, so happy that I didn't go the BRX1 way, but not because I think it's a bad rifle, but like being able to add.

Also looked at Tikka T3x CTR, fine for .243, but for 9.3x62 had to take eg Lite, so not exactly the same rifle. And nothing bigger than 9.3x62.

So ended up with blaser. And very happy, the biggest purchase I've ever done besides property, and don't regret it for a second.
I'm going to buy the Beretta BRX 1 in a year. If they don't offer any new barrel options within that year, I'll buy something else. Only Beretta can screw that up.

My son and I spent a lot of time at the Beretta booth during the SCI convention in Nashville, specifically looking at the BRX 1. In just a few moments we were able to remove the bolt carrier, the bolt itself, and convert the firearm from right to left-handed operation. We were taught how to remove the trigger group and adjust the weight of the trigger without the use of tools. My son and I both liked the design and the feel of the BRX 1, my only complaint is that it's not currently offered in a dangerous game caliber, had it been offered in 375 Ruger I would already own one. At 25% of the cost of the R8 I see great things in its future, I even expect to find one in my gun safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YXDEva848

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….