ATF Form 5320.20 Traveling Internationally with Suppressors

Mac13

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico, South Africa
I know there are many threads on travelling with suppressors out of USA, and the 5320.20 form is pretty simple to fill out.
What is question 10. State Department License No.? I can't find any information on this.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

I’m pretty sure all you need is to declare it on your 4457 form.

And unless the ATF has changed things the 5320.20 form is just for temporary export of NFA firearms like machine guns and SBR’s.

Just received my approval for second time. Question 10, leave it blank. I carry the 5320.20 and have silencer listed on CBP 4457 as well, might be unnecessary but it's simple

Just received my approval for second time. Question 10, leave it blank. I carry the 5320.20 and have silencer listed on CBP 4457 as well, might be unnecessary but it's simple
Thank You Kdenn.

I just put my suppressor on my 4457 and take that, no questions asked in Atlanta or Newark

I just put my suppressor on my 4457 and take that, no questions asked in Atlanta or Newark
I just cleared my rifle inbound through Newark this morning, and since there was a several minute wait between the United staff taking me from CBP to recheck my rifle, I asked the CBP officer about suppressors. He said he hadn't seen one in a while, but also acknowledged the African hunting season was just getting going, so it had been slow recently.

He'd never seen any issues with suppressors going through Newark, and added that their area is a Federal space. He said to include it on your 4457 and that should be fine.

Take it for what it's worth, but I figured I'd at least ask since I had an opportunity, and he was very pleasant.

I just cleared my rifle inbound through Newark this morning, and since there was a several minute wait between the United staff taking me from CBP to recheck my rifle, I asked the CBP officer about suppressors. He said he hadn't seen one in a while, but also acknowledged the African hunting season was just getting going, so it had been slow recently.

He'd never seen any issues with suppressors going through Newark, and added that their area is a Federal space. He said to include it on your 4457 and that should be fine.

Take it for what it's worth, but I figured I'd at least ask since I had an opportunity, and he was very pleasant.
Thanks for the info. Hope you had a good hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeFranke

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.