Anyone tried Beck Boots? Any other boot makers to consider?

Boots can only stretch so far, even with multiple wettings. I once bought a "bargain" pair of boots that were really tight--wetted them multiple times, tried oiling them, finally had to give up. If you have return privilege, use it. They want to have a bragging customer, after all.

Boots can only stretch so far, even with multiple wettings. I once bought a "bargain" pair of boots that were really tight--wetted them multiple times, tried oiling them, finally had to give up. If you have return privilege, use it. They want to have a bragging customer, after all.
while i know you are asking about cowboy boots not hunting boots. the very best and i have tried them all hunting boots are actually Solomon canvass shoes…the lightest quietness most comfortable hunting boots ever used

while i know you are asking about cowboy boots not hunting boots. the very best and i have tried them all hunting boots are actually Solomon canvass shoes…the lightest quietness most comfortable hunting boots ever used
I don't think I'm finding the shoe you're talking about... Closest thing I have come across so far are these.

1712868589683.png

I really like Lucchese and Anderson Bean. Tried to like Tecovas and after buying 3 different pair, just can love them.

Anyone need some 111/2 or 12 W Tecovas?

My ankles are screwed up and I have found in the past that custom boots (non-cowboy) were well worth the price for me. Beck’s niche seemed to be more of a no frills, durable, “working cowboy” boot, which is what I was looking for. Not that I’m a working cowboy, but I wanted something that was acceptable in the office and the field. I ordered their “full custom” in all-black, no stitching boot. I’m someone who finds it therapeutic to buff and polish my boots/shoes so I expected this combination to last some time.

I have other custom boots, but these are my first cowboy boots. Perhaps I’ll grow to love them, but at this point they still need a lot of breaking in. Not sure if it is common for cowboy boots to be this painful to break in, but we shall see. I suspect I'll go elsewhere for my next pair.
Order them bigger than shoes. Except when hunting in my Meindl boots, I’m in cowboy boots every day.

My ankles are screwed up and I have found in the past that custom boots (non-cowboy) were well worth the price for me. Beck’s niche seemed to be more of a no frills, durable, “working cowboy” boot, which is what I was looking for. Not that I’m a working cowboy, but I wanted something that was acceptable in the office and the field. I ordered their “full custom” in all-black, no stitching boot. I’m someone who finds it therapeutic to buff and polish my boots/shoes so I expected this combination to last some time.

I have other custom boots, but these are my first cowboy boots. Perhaps I’ll grow to love them, but at this point they still need a lot of breaking in. Not sure if it is common for cowboy boots to be this painful to break in, but we shall see. I suspect I'll go elsewhere for my next pair.
To break your boots in. Fill them with water, then you walk a mile in your boots.
Another thing I like to do is apply a thin coat of neatsfoot oil(olive oil works too) on the inside of the boot in the area that is giving you some pain, and then walk a mile. However if you apply too much it will change the color of the leather.
These are more of a boost for the breaking in process, but I find they help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tylekeo39com

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.