Anyone tried Beck Boots? Any other boot makers to consider?

channelkat

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mozambique
I recently received my Beck cowboy boots. Mixed feelings so far. Wondering others experience with Beck (or other cowboy boot makers). This is the closest thing to social media I partake in, so I thought I’s ask!

I recently received my Beck cowboy boots. Mixed feelings so far. Wondering others experience with Beck (or other cowboy boot makers). This is the closest thing to social media I partake in, so I thought I’s ask!
Did you go the custom route or stock?

I have not used them, but am a huge fan of JB Hill's custom work.

I’ve used a few other boot makers around Amarillo and know of some who’ve ordered becks. I’ve never heard any complaints, but like I said no first hand experience. Theres cheaper makers local who have just as good as product! I should add Becks is less than 20 miles from me

My ankles are screwed up and I have found in the past that custom boots (non-cowboy) were well worth the price for me. Beck’s niche seemed to be more of a no frills, durable, “working cowboy” boot, which is what I was looking for. Not that I’m a working cowboy, but I wanted something that was acceptable in the office and the field. I ordered their “full custom” in all-black, no stitching boot. I’m someone who finds it therapeutic to buff and polish my boots/shoes so I expected this combination to last some time.

I have other custom boots, but these are my first cowboy boots. Perhaps I’ll grow to love them, but at this point they still need a lot of breaking in. Not sure if it is common for cowboy boots to be this painful to break in, but we shall see. I suspect I'll go elsewhere for my next pair.

I have had a pair since 2005. Since we have a ranch, these have gotten quite a bit of use with a lot of care. They used to have blue tops, but they’ve faded to a neutral. I highly recommend them.
IMG_0149.jpeg

Th
I have had a pair since 2005. Since we have a ranch, these have gotten quite a bit of use with a lot of care. They used to have blue tops, but they’ve faded to a neutral. I highly recommend them.
Thanks Pablo,

How was the break in? I almost sent mine back thinking they were to tight and narrow.

Th

Thanks Pablo,

How was the break in? I almost sent mine back thinking they were to tight and narrow.
They just might be too tight and narrow then.

Could you send them back still?

Armando’s boots in Raymondville TX. Check them out… But I know plenty of people who have had to send him boots back too. It happens I guess!

When I ordered mine, I had the option for a looser fit, which I chose. When I used to get Tony Llamas back in the day, I would always get them them wet and wear them all day. Then get them wet again the next day. Worked for me.

TECOVAS IS A GOOD OVER THE COUNTER BOOT WITH GOOD PRICE TO QUALITY. MY SON BOUGHT A PAIR IN DALLAS WHILE WE WERE AT DSC, SAID IF HE HAD WANTED IT THEY WOULD HAVE MIXED HIM A DRINK WHILE TRYING ON BOOTS.

They just might be too tight and narrow then.

Could you send them back still?

Armando’s boots in Raymondville TX. Check them out… But I know plenty of people who have had to send him boots back too. It happens I guess!
I’m not sure if I could still send them back, probably. Once I committed to squeezing my wide foot in there I decided to just spritz them with water periodically and let my feet naturally stretch them. Maybe I’m wrong but I assumed if I sent them in that’s all they would do is stretch them out anyway.

If I lived closer, I would’ve taken them in and talked to them, but as it is, I just accepted it and hoped for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve722

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair