Am I the only weirdo?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
On days like today where I am doing mostly home office work, I often like to grab one of my hunting rifles and have it sit with me for the morning (or sometimes even the full day). It just gives me something to hold or play with while I'm listening in on conference calls and web meetings, so that I don't get too bored. Holding something like this in my hands actually helps me pay better attention to the call and capture more information. Or perhaps this is just an odd version of "Take Your Kid to Work" day. Am I the only weirdo like this? :)

PS - today's office companion, my FN 1952 in 270 Winchester, with a B&L Balvar 2.5-8x scope.

HomeOfficeRifle.jpg

Guilty. I'm always pulling something out of the safe to let it hang out with me for a while. Usually in the evenings while I'm watching TV. I can't claim I'm dry firing for practice even though I might dry fire it a handful of times. I just like appreciating whichever one I happen to pull out of the safe. Sometimes I surprise myself when I come across a gun I forgot I had. I don't have THAT many but I have enough I forget one or two every now and then.

My Ruger No 1 sat in front of the fireplace for a number of days after I placed the scope on it.

vNmZr4p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I the only weirdo? No, not the "only" weirdo on this site. Most of us are bizarre, odd, erratic, strange, peculiar, off the wall, crazy, insane, shocking, and abnormal.

"Normal" prevents us from doing anything out of the ordinary or meaningful in life.

Absolutely guilty of this. Most days I work at the office, and weekends it’s family and household stuff. So on days that I do work from home, I take one out for some fresh air, to practice shouldering, reloading , trigger control, etc. between meetings. Great 5min mental breaks.

You guys need help. Just one rifle, and no pistols? Yeah, get help soon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I watch TV in my den on Saturday nights & Sunday afternoons, and always fiddle with a handgun or a knife. You're normal.

I thought conference calls were so you had time to field strip and clean your carry gun

You guys need help. Just one rifle, and no pistols? Yeah, get help soon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm there. I usually have my S&W 45acp with a 10 rd mag on my desk or the table beside my chair. I call it my pacifier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaPlone

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?