Alberta or Saskatchewan Whitetail Hunt

Likely the case up by Dryden, but certainly not the case in Rainy River since you need a guide in that area compared to Dryden. That helps keeps hunters numbers lower
I have hunted there for about a dozen years, just wish I was closer to do a bit more work on my property
I just checked the websites of a few outfitters in the Rainy, all of the photos are either stock photos from the web or from pre-2010. I'm not saying you cant kill a nice buck there, but odds don't look good.

If the OP is still looking for a outfitter in Alberta, I can highly recommend Alberta Wilderness Guide Service. I booked my 4th hunt with them for 2025. I've hunted out of their west camp, near Edson. They have a very good population of deer with some great bucks. You'll be sitting in a Texas tripod or a blind looking at pipeline cuts . It's a great hunt with a solid opportunity at getting a shot at 150"+ buck and maybe a wolf.

I ended up booking through WTA at Dallas and will be hunting with Northway in Sakatchewan

I want an area where I can have good opportunity to get a respectable Buck, a guide I can trust that’ll have good concession with decent camp/lodge
Bashaw: That hunting Lodge is what we are ALL looking for and it’s called “Heaven” and you can only book it for the AfterLife

I don't really hunt Whitetail, but I fought fire in the Dore Lake/Smoothstone Lake area of Saskatchewan a couple years ago and saw some absolute hogs. There are a few outfitters in that region.

I Walleye fish up there regularly and an average one is ~7lbs. So that's a nice Apres-hunt bonus too.

Bashaw: That hunting Lodge is what we are ALL looking for and it’s called “Heaven” and you can only book it for the AfterLife
I've got a spot at that lodge, "The Sakatchewan Lodge" I did not want to be in a pack rat infested no insulation cabin

I looked at there website, thanks for the suggestion

I hunted Black Bear years ago with Rob Nye way up north in Saskatchewan. One of his guides was a guy by the name of Wade Maynard. He ran a whitetail hunting lodge out of Carrot River by the name of Lost Creek Outfitters.
I don’t know if he is still doing it but you might check the web to see if he is still outfitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skylinedevelopment

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.