450 Grain in 416 Rigby

@spike.t - I wouldn't say neanderthal - I'd say you are 'one that appreciates the finer things of yesteryear' :ROFLMAO:

@Aussie_Hunter - I think your .450 Rigby makes you a hot rod colonial :ROFLMAO:

At least my use of 450 gn pills was out of necessity due to supply constraints :ROFLMAO:

@spike.t - I wouldn't say neanderthal - I'd say you are 'one that appreciates the finer things of yesteryear' :ROFLMAO:

@Aussie_Hunter - I think your .450 Rigby makes you a hot rod colonial :ROFLMAO:

At least my use of 450 gn pills was out of necessity due to supply constraints :ROFLMAO:
That's sort of how I deciphered it :ROFLMAO:

Yeah for some reason being a Neanderthal I have found the original 410 or 400 in some loadings these days perfectly adequate......bit like fkn around with a Ferrari daytona..or Miura sv.....what's the point.....but have said this many times and sure I will again....reinventing the wheel....I await for the all the hot rod colonials to disagree..... (y) ;):E Shrug::E Rofl::D Beers:.....if you not happy get a 500 Jeffrey and stop pissing around....just saying....
Good advice - but get a 505 instead .

Yeh but what's the problem with using a 450 grain projectile in a 416?
I never used to use heavy for calibre projectiles until about 4 or 5 years ago (actually can't remember how many years ago). I just never had a desire to try them, once I did try them I wish I had done it sooner, absolutely awesome performance has been my experience. And you don't have to load them up hot, just a big heavy bullet with a high SD moving at a moderate velocity, it's a great option. And the standard weight projectiles in a premium bullet are a great option too.
Isn't it a good thing these heavy for calibre options are out there? I certainly think so.

I have used the 450grainers also on “smaller” game like Scandinavian moose with great results.

Only reason for me to step down in weight to 300gr has been to get a more versatile all round complement to my 470NE.

If there are any Swedes on this site I actually have approx 250 Woodleighs .416 in 450gr that I plan to part from…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanaKraker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?