New "classic" .318 Westley Richards?

@Tintin no flies on that, sir!

Love seeing all these fine rifles.

Last edited:
That is disappointing Swan has done 2 bbls for me in that time a 6mm ARC & 7 MM REM MAG all turned out great & shot less than 1 moa .

A bit of a long story, various delays not associated with Swans. (y)

E308DF80-78B1-4D35-B6C6-96B10FB97445.jpeg
003F11F4-C509-4DE9-B8E7-3E422801968E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like it will turn out into a beautiful classic rifle, action looks like a 1909 Argentine ? I am very
happy with my 318 WR, brass from 30/06 ,250 grain Woodleigh bullets &180 grain copper bullets from
Atomic 29 in South Australia they shoot 3 shot sub MOA groups.
Yes, it is a 1909 Argentine action. Satterlee Arms redid the bolt handle in the classic Oberndorf tear drop shape. I am excited to get it finished and ready to go.

Interestingly a fellow Aussie who had a .333 built refused to tell anyone where the barrels were being made. Wonder why?

il_570xN.2958275237_8ula.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a RJ Renner full blown classic Ruger light weight 7x57, beautiful gun with iron sights, stock is Schnable for end, side panels, English/Germanic cross breed..For 2000 grand you get the whole shebang add the cost of the rifle at 700 or whatever and you get it all..just the metal work on most customs cost 2000 or more...Hard to beat and mine shoots mostly half inch for 3 shots and an inch for 5 shots..Its my go to deer and sometimes elk and been my PG gun for years and buffalo on one occasion.

I sold my 318 WR recently for gobs of gold, but my 06 with a 250 gr bullet matched it,..

I recently sold my original 318 WR as they are out of sight on the market..I found out if you take the nostalgia out of the scenario and load 250 gr bullets in our old 30-06 you gotta 318 WR with more penetration it seems! oh well it is what it is! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnestineD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]