Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

Thank you @mdwest and your family for opening your home. Had a great time

Just now catching my breath after a pretty awesome Wed - Sun at DSC this year.. I apologize.. there have been a few folks reach out through PM, text messages, and emails.. I'll get responses out to everyone today.. between the party, the AH dinner, volunteering, and other DSC associated activities I stayed pretty busy this year (much busier than usual) and am only now getting a chance to catch up..

to close out this thread, I just wanted to throw one more huge THANK YOU out there to everyone that helped to pull the 2024 @Bos en Dal SAFARIS party off.. not only did we have some incredible door prizes donated by @Troubleshooter @Mark Biggerstaff @R&M FIREARMS @Bos en Dal SAFARIS @Anet/Insig @candlesforconservation several of you guys jumped in and started helping out once the crowd swelled doing everything from helping to keep drinks topped off to taking out trash to meeting/greeting people as they came through the door, to handing out door prize tickets, etc.. thats honestly what makes this community great (and kept me out of trouble with the wife! lol).. lots of wonderful people here willing to jump in and lend a hand, help each other out.. etc... you guys made the night memorable... THANK YOU for that..

Next year our plan (tentatively) is to host the party during the June DSC Gala... Im pretty sure we wont be going to Atlanta next year.. even if we do, it would be a challenge to get our house moved across the country in time :D .... but supposedly DSC plans on ramping up the gala next year to help compensate for the folks that wont make the trek to Atlanta and to keep an annual function in the central US thats easy for everyone to get to..

Several folks approached me about Candles For Conservation and about the limited edition signed/numbered prints that were donated by Anet Kruger at both the @Bos en Dal SAFARIS party and the AH dinner asking where they could order them for themselves... I'll post something separately here on AH in a bit that provides information, links, etc. CfC and Anets prints are both really good values (IMO) and have the potential to do a lot to promote conservation efforts in South Africa I believe.. (and, I actually really like the candles.. and absolutely LOVE anets artwork.. Anets work is featured in 2 different places in my home.. and we're working with her now on another commissioned original piece..)...

One last THANK YOU to everyone that attended.. we hope to see all of you again next year (plus maybe a few more!)..

Dave- incredible time and, like everyone else, I just wanted to send a huge thank you to you and your family for hosting the great party. It was nice to be able to put faces with screen names and meet new friends. I especially like the new nickname “the buffalo guy”, that I came away with- hahahaha! Looking forward to you guys coming up north…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]