Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

Always room for you my man! Come on by!

PM with the address sent your way!

:)

If you still have room for 1 more I would love to come visit with everyone!

Thanks,

Chase

Will shoot you a PM with the address. Would love for you to come.

Pm headed your way!

Sent you a PM for myself and my buddy if there is still room, would enjoy meeting everyone!

Sent you a PM for myself and my buddy if there is still room, would enjoy meeting everyone!
PM responded to with the address.. looking forward to meeting you guys!

I just got back home after doing a little volunteer work for DSC down at the convention center.. the floor is looking great.. Im thinking its going to be one of the biggest/best shows DSC has ever had.. all of the usual suspects in terms of vendors are there.. I noticed a few new ones in the mix as well.. and a couple of the big businesses (Cabelas, Silencer Central, etc) appear to have expanded their booth space and have a lot more going on than in years past..

We've had another member offer up an additional door prize.. thank you to @Troubleshooter ! There's now a few boxes of Federal 30-06 factory ammo loaded with 165gr Barnes TTSX available to some lucky winner...

That makes the door prize list:

Set of 5x "Candles for Conservation" brand candles (Big 5) - Thank you www.candlesforconservation.com

Set of limited edition signed and numbered prints from Insig / Anet Kruger (Big 5) - Thank you Anet Kruger / www.candlesforconservation.com

Meopta Meopro Optika HD 10x42 binos (thanks again @R&M FIREARMS !)

4 R&M Firearms T-Shirts (thanks yet again @R&M FIREARMS !)

5x Boxes Norma factory 308 Ammo (thanks @cash_tx !)

Leupold VX3 HD CDS 3.5-10x40 FireDot Twilight Hunte (thank you @Mark Biggerstaff !)

2x Cobratec Knives (another THANK YOU to @R&M FIREARMS !)

A handmade/custom skinning knife (thank you... um..... ME! @mdwest :D )

3x Boxes of Federal 30-06 factory ammo (thank you @Troubleshooter

and... the grand prize... A Cape Buffalo Cow Hunt. 5x days of accomidation (meals, drinks, laundry service, pick up-drop off at airport, etc) plus a buff cow (thank you @Bos en Dal SAFARIS !)

We've got right at 60 people on the guest list.. and 13x things to give away... I'd say those are pretty darn good odds!

We'll do the door prize drawings closer to the 830PM time frame (originally I think I said 830-900 we'd start?)... so, you dont have to worry about getting here right as the doors open.. but dont come too late and miss out on the opportunity! I know we have a couple of guests that have to leave a little bit early to make it to other events they have scheduled.. I just want to do this early enough so that they dont miss out either..

Its going to be a crowded house.. I apologize in advance.. but I think we will all have a great time.. I look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday!

1704985708140.jpeg

the first vittles have been laid out and are waiting on you :) (assuming I dont eat them all before you guys get here! :) )...

theres a hotel restaurant in the area here that makes what I think is some of the best beef jerky Ive ever eaten.. super soft, just enough heat/spice to let you know its there but not burn you down, etc.. they use a super high quality beef as well.. they typically put it out as a "thank you" or parting gift for people that attend western or "texas" themed banquets or parties/events at the hotel..

my wife convinced them to make a batch for us and intends on doing the same thing (although our theme isnt exactly "texas" or "western" :) ..

make sure you grab a bag when youre headed out at the end of the evening... this stuff is delicious!

FWIW if you have a penchant for biltong and droewors, there is an AWESOME South African grocery on the other side of the DFW metroplex.. one of the guys coming tonight (not on AH, but a hunter that I know well) grabbed a bunch of stuff and is bringing it for everyone to try... I had some of their wagyu biltong last weekend.. it was absolutely outstanding..

View attachment 579770

the first vittles have been laid out and are waiting on you :) (assuming I dont eat them all before you guys get here! :) )...

theres a hotel restaurant in the area here that makes what I think is some of the best beef jerky Ive ever eaten.. super soft, just enough heat/spice to let you know its there but not burn you down, etc.. they use a super high quality beef as well.. they typically put it out as a "thank you" or parting gift for people that attend western or "texas" themed banquets or parties/events at the hotel..

my wife convinced them to make a batch for us and intends on doing the same thing (although our theme isnt exactly "texas" or "western" :) ..

make sure you grab a bag when youre headed out at the end of the evening... this stuff is delicious!

FWIW if you have a penchant for biltong and droewors, there is an AWESOME South African grocery on the other side of the DFW metroplex.. one of the guys coming tonight (not on AH, but a hunter that I know well) grabbed a bunch of stuff and is bringing it for everyone to try... I had some of their wagyu biltong last weekend.. it was absolutely outstanding..

Sounds awesome! I'm headed to the show this morning, and very much looking forward to the party tonight. :)

Im headed down to the show myself in about an hour (have a meeting Ive got to knock out first)... Ive got a couple of link ups I've got to do at the show and will be a bit busy today... but hopefully I see you out on the floor and we can catch up a bit... otherwise, will definitely see you tonight!

Just got home from the show, I will be picking up my daughter here shortly and be on the way.
Probably a good thing I'll be out of the house tonight, first stop I made this morning was the Silencer Central booth. They 'forced me' to buy a suppressor. I swear, I was in fear of my life, I had not choice. Yeah, my wife wasn't buying that bs either. :A Shades:

:giggle:

I know the party is in full swing by now, and I'm sorry to report I am in a fight with my garage door and am unable to be there. As I was leaving it decided to come off the rails and forced me to get a hammer. You all can guess how things are progressing from there....

Have fun all. Wish I could have met the many of you there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arianazoe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek