Honey Badger Don’t Care vs 3 Leopards

That’s one of my fav HB videos. Also anything about Stoeffel the HB is excellent!

As tough as... are they on the "protected" lists? I fancy hunting one, if I could get back to Afrika. ..Imagine a dual mount, honey Badger Vs Leopard...

No they are not off limits but they require a permit in some areas. I took one in SA last month and they had very limited permits in that area...2 per year I think. I've seen them on quota in other countries as well. They are rarely encountered in daylight and I baited mine at night.

They are incredible animals. If any of you ever hunt in central or northern Namibia and combine it with a trip to Etosha national park, you often see them during the day there. There are often a few resident in Halali camp in the park.

IMG_0470.JPG

That would be incredible to observe one during the day. I’ve always thought of them as being 500 pounds of kick ass in a 20 pound sack.

While we were hunting Buffalo we ran a few bait stations for Honey Badger. I secured the permit months before. It was a poor man’s leopard hunt. Ended up with two hitting the Impala bait.

Chose to use my wife’s crossbow instead of my compound bow. Right before dark they both showed. The one I shot ran into a nearby burrow and died. Lucky the Jack Russel went in to see if it was dead. And drug it out to chew on it.
IMG_0274.jpeg
IMG_0275.jpeg
IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0270.jpeg
IMG_0278.jpeg
IMG_0280.jpeg

HB with a crossbow...how cool is that?! I have a 10 pt crossbow that would handle that. The wild dogs is something I haven't seen yet. Very nice.

One interesting thing about HB's is how much they stink! Whew...nasty.

I wanted it with my bow. But the kill zone is pretty small and I didn’t want to wound it. The crossbow was perfect. At the shot he hit the ground making horrendous scary snarling sounds. I had a second when I thought. Um, what if he comes this way :>))))

@Altitude sickness, BTW, beautiful kudu sconce. If I may, where did you get them, or did make them out of a kudu you shot?

Thanks, My first trip to the eastern cape. The PHs cousin made them for me. I just remembered. We gave his wife and kids a lot of things they didn’t get down there. And they made us a lot of things.

Thanks, My first trip to the eastern cape. The PHs cousin made them for me. I just remembered. We gave his wife and kids a lot of things they didn’t get down there. And they made us a lot of things.

Thanks you for the info. My wife took one look at them and said I want a pair. LMAO!!!! I'll have to figure out a way to get creative. :ROFLMAO:

They would be easy to make. I forgot about the details of that hunt where we got the sconces from. It was my wife, Daughter and I
We did not really enjoy the PH himself. But the lodge owner and their extended family were amazing. We left them pretty much everything but our rifles. And when enjoying cocktails at night the taxidermist/family member kept adjusting the taxidermy prices and deals.
My wife and daughter both shot Nyala. So he said I’m doing them both full body mounts for what I quoted for shoulder mounts. We settled on one half mount and one full body.
The later it got. The cheaper my bill got and the more the crates were going to cost. And the work was actually good.
IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg

i simply don't understand how that creature can take multiple head/neck bites from leopards (LEOPARDS!) and keep going.
Tough as nails.

How about 2 of them playing tug of war with your body as the rope! That HB wounded all 3 of them and then calmly high stepped out of there without looking back. That's bad ass. They are almost mythical. When we brought mine back into camp all the local workers came out to see it and the tracker carried it in like we found a unicorn. It was really cool to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8nplay

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!