ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe With Mbalabala Safaris

Pictures are not uploading but got me a very nice Dagga boy this morning! Back to checking baits this afternoon. I can not be happier! Did not even think I would be buffalo hunting, let alone taking a very old bull.

Pictures are not uploading but got me a very nice Dagga boy this morning! Back to checking baits this afternoon. I can not be happier! Did not even think I would be buffalo hunting, let alone taking a very old bull.
Congratulations!!

Stud of a buffalo! Congrats! Any hits on the bait?

Congrats on the buffalo! Best of luck on the lioness. Can’t wait to see pics and hear the story.

I've hunted with Lin a number of times. He's a good guy. And there's always Buffalo. Well done. Good luck on getting that cat. Good numbers of lions/lioness in that area. Its a good camp.

Finally got some service. Got 2 females on bait, 2 males, brown and spotted Heyna. I think tomorrow will be the day!

IMG_1025.jpeg
7450b415-2f19-4472-8442-618e1ffe1311.jpeg

Nice buff, congrats !

Finally got home after a very long travel time. Unfortunately, I did not get my lioness, but I had one amazing trip. Camp was beautiful, very comfortable. Had no complaints about camp. Secluded very comfortable surrounded by impalas and baboons. I picked the room with the outdoor shower and it was a great choice. Camp staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent!

As for the hunt, we got bait within the first hour and spent the rest of the day hanging up bait. On our way to camp Lin mentioned we did get a buffalo on quota! I was super excited, we ran into several herds and got within 15-20 yards. On day 3 we decided to focus on buffalo, found some tracks on the road and started our stalk. After about an hour walk we noticed some bulls fighting Lin got the sticks ready as we approached the bulls we noticed a younger bull chasing the dagga boy out. Lin pointed him out to me and I did not have a chance to get on the sticks as he turned around and went back for the younger bull. I took 3 shots, hit him with the first 2 and missed my 3rd shot. We waited about 10 mins and found him dead about 40-50 yards away! First shot was 300 grains Barnes followed by Nosler solid.

IMG_1764.jpg
IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

Perfect buff in my eyes.
Great trophy pics and got a dugga boy hunt all on video!

Looks like an awesome trip. Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyAisto

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt