ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe Elephant + Leopard

Tusker

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi yall!

I will keep my updates on this thread on a daily basis for the next 15 days. I believe is best to type with the emotion of the moment rather than after the hunt.

Safari description: The objective of this safari is a little ambitious (to say the least) since we (my brother and I) are attempting to get 2 bull elephant and 1 leopard in a 10 day hunt. I wish we could stay longer but we both have families and both work, so this is all the time we were able to negotiate. Of course, we will shoot some other stuff. Lets see how it goes!

DAY 1 - August 3:

Tonight Im departing to Vic Falls (...35+ hour itinerary:sleep:) with Qatar Airways. Miami to Doha, then to Harare and a final lap to VFA.
No much to tell, but if any tip comes across, i'll post it here!
All luggage and paperwork is ready to go.

a3acb232-9e20-4b98-b68f-9ee1d07031c0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a hunt with your brother. I love sharing a hunt with those you are close with.
Special

I wish yall booth good luck and safety.

Get er done!!!! Go get some ivory and a big cat you can’t even pick up yourself. Very jealous.

Yea those are ambitious goals if you are 2x1 but it's possible. Curious who you are going with and what guns you are taking. Good luck!

A great adventure about to begin, these are some of the most exciting moments, just on the cusp of starting the travels!

What is hiding in the case? :)

Good luck and safe travels. Where are you hunting around Vic Falls and who are you hunting with?

Might be too late but if you have an opportunity to grab a little thicker/heavier duty gun case on the way to the airport, it might be worth the investment. My Pelican and SKB’s have chunks missing. One of my SKB bow cases Qatar managed to break (no damage to the internals).

Good morning from Matetsi!
Yesterday, after numerous layovers and endless rifle checks, I made it to camp.

Today we went to check for elephant activity and saw the first herd. Also checked on a couple of baits and tonight we will wait at a bait that has been hit by a big tom. Fingers crossed!

About flights, heads-up to Qatar Airways and Fastjet. They made all the process quite pleasant. I broke the tradition of having to tip left and right to every police officer when dealing with guns and still all guns and ammo made it.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That photo really captures it...wish I was there!

Good Luck and safe travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cooper72Y

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available