AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kevindthomas.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Previously ZPHGA, PHASA, SCI, ECGMA - all now lapsed since I'm no longer active in the industry but still support it fully.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique.
Hi guys,

As I have got older in life my wife and I have decided to downscale our trophy room collection. My prize possession is a female buffalo head mount that I shot in the Sapi in 1972. It is still the all time Zimbabwe record and stands both in Rowland Wards and SCI Record Books.

The mount is in an excellent condition. The horns measure as follows:-

Outside Spread 54 1/4"
Inside Spread 51 1/2"
Tip to Tip 50"

It would be my wish that it either go's to a keen collector of trophies, a museum or a game lodge.

Please private message me if you would like to make an offer (transport costs will be additional)

Regards,
Kevin
KTBC_02_Flash.JPG
KTBC_04_Rowland Ward Cert..jpg

Attachments

• KTBC_05_Rowland Ward Records_1992.jpg
    KTBC_05_Rowland Ward Records_1992.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 188
I'll be honest, I usually don't like the "freaks" as I don't think they even look real much of the time.

But wow, that is a beautiful buffalo and mount! I hope you find her a good home where she can be shared.

Wow. Beautiful mount!

I would negotiate with the wife and try to get rid of a few of the others and keep the old cow (I refer to the buffalo) .

My wife gave up on limiting my taxidermy years ago. I told her wives were a dime a dozen but exceptional trophies were hard to come by. I think she understood I was serious as she has never brought it up again. I do have to keep them in my areas in the house for the most part. Over the years she has actually come to like some of them. She still gripes about my eland though which is one of my favorites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarleSincl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?