ZIMBABWE: July 2024 Charlton McCallum Safaris

The tents are new at Mururu. They were huts when we were there in 2019.
I believe there is one less tent as well. Unfortunately a big tree between the two tents in my photo died.

Reactions: WAB
Great hunt and well written report. I enjoyed the daily updates when you were sending them to me. I really like the mass on that bushbuck.

Congrats on a great hunt :D Cheers:

Hi @375Fox
That's a fine hunt report, thanks, which revived happy memories of my own Dande hunt, with one of my sons, in 2016.
Maplan and Martin were with Alan then but Bernardo, his driver then, retired and he took on Dubeh ( spelling ? ) as driver, who is a quite but great guy, and who worked with Rich Tabor before he withdrew from his hunting career. Is Dubeh still with Alan now ?
I agree with you on Alan's talents as a PH. He has all a client needs to enjoy a great hunt and just doesn't cease striving for results for the client so long as you are willing to hunt. I have had the great fortune to do three hunts with CMS and was even luckier to do all with Alan. I love hunting in the Zambezi and constantly think about returning. For any future hunts I manage to do I will automatically book with CMS. I know ther are other geat outfitters with equally good concessions there but I feel right at home with CMS and there concessions, camps and personnel leave me wanting for nothing more. They do hunting right IMHO.
Congrats on your fine trophies, particularly your great Eland. A verey fine speciman. Hunting Eland is a favourite of mine and is on my list again for my next hunt.
Wishing you the best for all your upcoming hunts. Hope to read more of your reports along the way.
Cheers.

Hi @375Fox
That's a fine hunt report, thanks, which revived happy memories of my own Dande hunt, with one of my sons, in 2016.
Maplan and Martin were with Alan then but Bernardo, his driver then, retired and he took on Dubeh ( spelling ? ) as driver, who is a quite but great guy, and who worked with Rich Tabor before he withdrew from his hunting career. Is Dubeh still with Alan now ?
I agree with you on Alan's talents as a PH. He has all a client needs to enjoy a great hunt and just doesn't cease striving for results for the client so long as you are willing to hunt. I have had the great fortune to do three hunts with CMS and was even luckier to do all with Alan. I love hunting in the Zambezi and constantly think about returning. For any future hunts I manage to do I will automatically book with CMS. I know ther are other geat outfitters with equally good concessions there but I feel right at home with CMS and there concessions, camps and personnel leave me wanting for nothing more. They do hunting right IMHO.
Congrats on your fine trophies, particularly your great Eland. A verey fine speciman. Hunting Eland is a favourite of mine and is on my list again for my next hunt.
Wishing you the best for all your upcoming hunts. Hope to read more of your reports along the way.
Cheers.
Thanks. I’m not sure the correct spelling either but yes Dubeh is still his driver. I should have mentioned him as well. He’s equally hardworking as Martin or Maplan. He’s on the far left of bushbuck photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HectorDang

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles