ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Been On Safari With Victoria Falls Safari Services

Crash2057

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone been on safari with Victoria Falls Safari Services out of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe? Thinking of doing a late season hunt with them.

You should find out who the PH would be and the area they’d be hunting and ask again. I’ve never heard of them and don’t see a hunting operator by that name with Google. What brought you to them?

There is some company under that name, I found on google map. But overall very weak internet signature.

To mi it looks like tourist operator, or agency. But I am sure they can connect a hunter to a local outfitter.

1726982394970.png

There are plenty of vetted outfitters on this site who operate in Zim. I would suggest reaching out to them and also considering them regarding hunting there.

Thank you for your responses to my inquiry. The PH is Mike Bilgnaut and the area is Matetsi East. It is listed through the USA agent Sean Scott at Safari Connection at Safariconnedtion.com.

If you search “Blignaut” you find him mentioned several times. Here’s a recent good report hunting with him in a different area. You’ll need to speak with references on matetsi east. I’m assuming it’s a community area bordering the matetsi safari blocks.

Last edited:
Ah…@375fox sheds the needed light. While @Tokoloshe Safaris has a great ph in Lisel Denny, Lon’s wife, they use a couple of phs to handle some of their hunts. Having myself both hunted and taken my elephant this past April with them you should feel very comfortable as long as it’s through Tokoloshe. Otherwise I just would not have experience in your situation given I did not recognize “Vic Falls Safari”

Ah…@375fox sheds the needed light. While @Tokoloshe Safaris has a great ph in Lisel Denny, Lon’s wife, they use a couple of phs to handle some of their hunts. Having myself both hunted and taken my elephant this past April with them you should feel very comfortable as long as it’s through Tokoloshe. Otherwise I just would not have experience in your situation given I did not recognize “Vic Falls Safari”
It’s likely that PHs own company. Many PHs freelance for other outfitters as well when they have openings in their schedule. I unfortunately remember the agent and the name safari connection from a past thread that now appears deleted. Nothing against the PH he appears to have a good reputation, but the agent’s behavior was some of worst I’ve seen here (assuming the username was who he said he was).

When i hunt there i hunt whit Shingi .
Im gonna send you the contact, he knows very well matetsi area
+263 77 268 4685

Thank you for your responses to my inquiry. The PH is Mike Bilgnaut and the area is Matetsi East. It is listed through the USA agent Sean Scott at Safari Connection at Safariconnedtion.com.
Matetsi East is part of ECA on the East side of the road. We hunt there,,, I was there about 2 months ago. No much game in this time of the year. Not very big either (3k-4k) hectare and most water sources are taken over by cattle (specially this year). Is good place for cats at the begging of the season though.

I appreciate the information on the area and outfitters, it is really helpful in making my decision. This is exactly why I joined African Hunting to learn and share our experiences. Thank you all.

The best hunting areas - just my opinion - in the Matetsi area are the units, numbered 1-5 (unless things have changed). I know the owners of Unit 2 - who also hunt Kazuma - and they are first rate. Even though I have hunted Matetsi three times, I have never come across Matetsi East. Given what Tusker has said about the size, it would be dwarfed by the size of the Matetsi units, which are enormous.

Word to the wise, if you can't find much info on them be very suspicious. Plenty of well reviewed and highly regarded outfitters on this site. 3k-4k hectares in Africa doesn't even qualify as postage stamp comparison.

If you search “Blignaut” you find him mentioned several times. Here’s a recent good report hunting with him in a different area. You’ll need to speak with references on matetsi east. I’m assuming it’s a community area bordering the matetsi safari blocks.
I’m totally unfamiliar with Matetsi East, but Mike Blignaut was camp manager when I first met him in 2010 (I was hunting with Lindon Stanton). At the time he was working on his Zim PH license. Mike is a registered PH now and although I know nothing about that specific area, I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with him. BTW, Mike’s brother-in-law is Lindon Stanton (owner of Mbalabala Safaris), whom I’ve hunted with 4 times and also highly recommended.

Victoria Falls Safari Services Soaz and ZTA REG #312 was formed coming out of covid in 2022. It's owned by Michael Blignaut and Sean Scott operating in western Zimbabwe in the new Matetsi East RFC concession, it is not 4k hectares in total the conservancy is equal in size to the parks units and adjoins unit4 on the east side and continues across the Victoria Falls hi way for many kilometers. We have been actively improving the area by installing solar well pumps on existing bore holes and drilling new wells on the property. With Matetsi 5 and 4 now going photographic we feel our block will do nothing but improve as we have already seen a much better pg count and there's plenty of ele. Actually way too many currently due to the draught. We do have buffalo quota but as of now we're not booking stand alone buffalo hunts there due to the unpredictable hit or miss movement.

We also have exclusive access to a Gwayi Forrest farm that is excellent for everything from lion on down.

To clarify where our signatory Matetsi Unit is located I've attached a map of it and the Gwayi ECA.

We have lots of references available from this season alone and many going back for years. The web site is operational but just the frame work hopefully all the information will be updated and the site completed this week.

2 of our late season hunts are complete the pics are results.
IMG-20241002-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20241008-WA0009.jpg

Location-of-Matetsi-Hunting-Complex-in-north-west-Zimbabwe.jpg
Hwange-National-Park-nonHA-and-adjacent-hunting-areas-Gwayi-ICA-South-and-MSA-south.png

Last edited:
Word to the wise, if you can't find much info on them be very suspicious. Plenty of well reviewed and highly regarded outfitters on this site. 3k-4k hectares in Africa doesn't even qualify as postage stamp comparison.
I'm easy to find!! Matetsi East RFC is big not just the Matetsi River Ranch you are referring to although we've been hammering there this year because the River still has water

Attachments

• Location-of-Matetsi-Hunting-Complex-in-north-west-Zimbabwe.jpg
    Location-of-Matetsi-Hunting-Complex-in-north-west-Zimbabwe.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 4
Victoria Falls Safari Services Soaz and ZTA REG #312 was formed coming out of covid in 2022. It's owned by Michael Blignaut and Sean Scott operating in western Zimbabwe in the new Matetsi East RFC concession, it is not 4k hectares in total the conservancy is equal in size to the larks units and adjoins unit4 on the east side and continues across the Victoria Falls hi way for many kilometers. We have been actively improving the area by installing solar well pumps on existing bore holes and drilling new wells on the property. With Matetsi 5 and 4 now going photographic we feel our block will do nothing but improve as we have already seen a much better pg count and there's plenty of ele. Actually way too many currently due to the draught. We do have buffalo quota but as of now we're not booking stand alone buffalo hunts there due to the unpredictable hit or miss movement.

We also have exclusive access to a Gwayi Forrest farm that is excellent for everything from lion on down.

To clarify where our signatory Matetsi Unit is located I've attached a map of it and the Gwayi ECA.

We have lots of references available from this season alone and many going back for years. The web site is operational but just the frame work hopefully all the information will be updated and the site completed this week. I have also attached the results of the hunts that were asked about View attachment 639844View attachment 639845

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denholm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.