ZIMBABWE: Dream Realized

I just finished my successful leopard hunt in the West Nic region of Zimbabwe.
3 days late thanks to Delta airlines, I arrived in camp to several baits being hit, one being quite promising.
I was hunting with @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS and had been communicating with owner and PH Wayne Van Den Berg while stuck in an Atlanta hotel. Wayne assured me baits were hanging and fresh sign was plenty,
I scored on a beautiful mature tom on day day 3 in the bush. And the plan "B" bait had a large male hitting it as well.
I believe Wayne's attention to detail with the baits and blind placement construction contributed to my success.
I am a blue collar guy and this hunt was years in the making, thanks Wayne, Wayne jr. Sam and the rest of the guys.
James Gray

View attachment 619117
Beautiful! Congratulations!

I'd love to hear the story. Time of night, rifle, how you saw him, what you were thinking, etc.

I've never killed a leopard, but the first one I ever heard was near West Nic in 1983.

Well done!

Doug
 
Congratulations on a beautiful Tom
 
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
 
Waidmannsheil ! @jgrayjr
that's a gorgeous beast of a cat!
 
congrats on the accomplishment!
 
I just finished my successful leopard hunt in the West Nic region of Zimbabwe.
3 days late thanks to Delta airlines, I arrived in camp to several baits being hit, one being quite promising.
I was hunting with @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS and had been communicating with owner and PH Wayne Van Den Berg while stuck in an Atlanta hotel. Wayne assured me baits were hanging and fresh sign was plenty,
I scored on a beautiful mature tom on day day 3 in the bush. And the plan "B" bait had a large male hitting it as well.
I believe Wayne's attention to detail with the baits and blind placement construction contributed to my success.
I am a blue collar guy and this hunt was years in the making, thanks Wayne, Wayne jr. Sam and the rest of the guys.
James Gray

View attachment 619117
Congrats on your Leopard but more importantly-

CONGRATS on your FIRST Post on AHF !!! :):)
 
Thank you for sharing. Absolutely a dream come true.
 
A great cat, congrats :D Cheers:
 
Great cat. Wayne is the man on leopard
What was the deal with Delta?
Flight cancelled after sitting in plane for, finally got another via sao.palo 3 days later. Delta certainly did not make things easy.
 
Beautiful! Congratulations!

I'd love to hear the story. Time of night, rifle, how you saw him, what you were thinking, etc.

I've never killed a leopard, but the first one I ever heard was near West Nic in 1983.

Well done!

Doug
Used Wayne's 338 with 225 grn Hornady ammo, shot roughly 50 yards. Cat came in around 7p and started feeding on a zebra hind quarter we had freshened the bait with. He dropped stone dead at the shot.
The night before he had come in briefly around 9p and 11p, but didn't settle in and feed.
 
Congrats on a great cat. Would love to hear details!
Got cat on second night in the blind around 7p (he had made a brief visit the night before but did not feed).
I was using Wayne's 338 with 225 grn Hornady ammo. The shot was about 50 yards, was happy that he dropped stone dead at the shot.
We later learned that 2 PHs were mauled that same day in Zimbabwe by wounded leopards.
 
Man I'm jealous. That's a beautiful leopard. Congratulations!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,952
Members
169,660
Latest member
nikitawati
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top