ZIMBABWE: Dream Realized

jgrayjr

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
99
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I just finished my successful leopard hunt in the West Nic region of Zimbabwe.
3 days late thanks to Delta airlines, I arrived in camp to several baits being hit, one being quite promising.
I was hunting with @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS and had been communicating with owner and PH Wayne Van Den Berg while stuck in an Atlanta hotel. Wayne assured me baits were hanging and fresh sign was plenty,
I scored on a beautiful mature tom on day day 3 in the bush. And the plan "B" bait had a large male hitting it as well.
I believe Wayne's attention to detail with the baits and blind placement construction contributed to my success.
I am a blue collar guy and this hunt was years in the making, thanks Wayne, Wayne jr. Sam and the rest of the guys.
James Gray

IMG-20240711-WA0009.jpg
 
Congratulations. I'm glad it all worked out.

I bet the end result made those early feelings of frustration fade away.
 
Beautiful cat, congratulations. Will you be writing a more detail hunt report?
 
Congrats! Awesome cat.

What were some of the factors that led you to book with nyamazana? I'm years away from a leopard hunt so haven't researched it yet.
 
Beautiful. Congratulations. Wayne delivers again.
 
I just finished my successful leopard hunt in the West Nic region of Zimbabwe.
3 days late thanks to Delta airlines, I arrived in camp to several baits being hit, one being quite promising.
I was hunting with @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS and had been communicating with owner and PH Wayne Van Den Berg while stuck in an Atlanta hotel. Wayne assured me baits were hanging and fresh sign was plenty,
I scored on a beautiful mature tom on day day 3 in the bush. And the plan "B" bait had a large male hitting it as well.
I believe Wayne's attention to detail with the baits and blind placement construction contributed to my success.
I am a blue collar guy and this hunt was years in the making, thanks Wayne, Wayne jr. Sam and the rest of the guys.
James Gray

View attachment 619117
Awesome chui! Good that the trip worked out. Sometimes the travel sucks; results are special.
 
Great cat. Wayne is the man on leopard
What was the deal with Delta?
 
Congrats on a great cat! Wayne shared a pic of your cat with us this week as we are scheduled to give it a go later this year. I also had a similar Delta experience last year - only it was 4 days extra. Glad you hung in there. Beautiful Leopard. Congrats again.
 
That is a fabulous Leopard. It's unlikely I will ever hunt one but I certainly appreciate a great speciman.
Congrats, and well done.
Love the way you set your photo too.
 
Well done!!!!!
 
Congrats, the African cats are just so awesome!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,131
Members
170,521
Latest member
ClayDame7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top