ZIMBABWE: Dalton & York Hunt In Maninga

That's a fine lead in to the story.....

Congratulations on a very successful hunt. Your leopard is massive!

Nice teaser. A man of a few words.
Looking forward to the full story behind the nice trophys.

Good stuff, Congrats.

So, where is the report? I am still waiting! ;)

Kevin was it exploratory for you or did they just open up camp and area?
Exploratory for me, the camp was well established and had done several hunts. We saw a nice group of buff and lots of elephant sign.

Will this be an episode or two in TIA5?

Great hunt- I hunted maninga years ago with opposite results. Happy you had a great safari!

Hoping to read a great hunt report

Since OP seems to have vanished.

@Kevin Peacocke ??
It’s also in the Zambezi Valley and on the way to the Omay and D&Y Safaris other areas. Road transfer following arrival in Harare is about 4 hours whereas the is 8+ to the Omay.

Since OP seems to have vanished.

@Kevin Peacocke ??
Maninga is a smallish concession (40 000 hectares or so) down at the southern tip of the Dande. You access it from the main Harare-Kariba road and turn north at Lions Den, travel through Mhangura and it is about 60km north of there. It is on the top of the Zambezi escarpment, so not truly lowveld, and quite hilly. There are elephant and buffalo up there, but to me this looks more like kudu country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarilouMat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?