David Westmoreland

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
Had a great trip with Leloma Safaris! I’ve wanted a leopard for many years but never could find an outfitter I felt comfortable with that I could afford! Leloma offers a great hunt at a very affordable price. I really cannot say enough good about the whole experience. Phillip Mafuta did everything he said he would and we came away with two incredible leopards and a few bonus animals as well! Looking forward to going back for an archery elephant to complete my Big 5!

D00649DD-6FC8-4AC0-8E47-865AE05ED46F.jpeg
2CAF7FE7-45D3-41DE-8B3A-FC6A1EFEA721.jpeg
0B34EACB-D2D7-4910-80CD-FF1995CD2574.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing! Welome to the forum officially seing this is post number 1!

Wonderful achievement. Please write up a detailed hunt report. Welcome to AH.
Bruce

So, as an archer myself, what draw wt. bow do you intend to use? I believe Howard Hill used a 105# longbow, although there has always been some controversy over that story.

Congrats David, and wish you get a chance at an elephant !

Had a great trip with Leloma Safaris! I’ve wanted a leopard for many years but never could find an outfitter I felt comfortable with that I could afford! Leloma offers a great hunt at a very affordable price. I really cannot say enough good about the whole experience. Phillip Mafuta did everything he said he would and we came away with two incredible leopards and a few bonus animals as well! Looking forward to going back for an archery elephant to complete my Big 5!

View attachment 475907View attachment 475908View attachment 475909
Congratulations!!!

Well first couple posts and right to it with 2 Leopard with Bow !! How about a few more details? :ROFLMAO:

So, as an archer myself, what draw wt. bow do you intend to use? I believe Howard Hill used a 105# longbow, although there has always been some controversy over that story.
I will probably try and shoot 80-85lbs. With the efficiency of the bows today you can create a lot of energy compared to the old bows. The important thing in my opinion is the arrow weight, broadhead and of course placement. I’ll shoot a 900gr arrow with a single bevel two blade head and I think I’ll be fine.

Hell of a kick off to jump onto the posting side.

Congratulations. Nothing like a Leopard up that close.

That is a goal of mine, what an awesome experience and accomplishment. I look forward to reading more about the hunt, the gear, etc. Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard and my warmest congrats! I'm a bowhunter too, what a great achievement Sir...something to be really proud of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamespatterson5

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with