Zimbabwe Bound

Many thanks for taking the time to share the adventure with those of us that have like interest! I have looked forward to reading each day you have posted! Just remember, no point in working to acquire financial resources if one can’t use them to rejuvenate the soul! Can’t take it with you!
Shoot Straight!

Just remember, no point in working to acquire financial resources if one can’t use them to rejuvenate the soul! Can’t take it with you!
Shoot Straight!

Love this statement, and I live by those same words. I would add, do all those things you want while you’re able to, don’t wait until you’re too old to do them.

@Fatback, I may reach out to you to pick your brain a bit. I want to venture to other African countries since I’ve only been to SA. (y)

Sept 12th and 13th

I am able to sleep in a bit on the morning of the 12th as my flight home doesn’t leave until 2:00 pm. The shuttle leave the hotel at 11:00 and I am at the airport by 11:30. Then it is the typical dance to get the rifles and ammo re-checked and after about an hour everybody is ok and I am able to check them and get my boarding passes. The airlink flight into Joburg is uneventful then the long layover there before leaving at 10:00 on Delta 201. It takes me about 2 hours to go through the return process of getting my rifles checked by customs and everything re-checked and back through security. I am now sitting at the gate waiting for my return flight home. I can already feel my mind shifting gears from safari mode back to “real world mode.” I can say it is an entirely unpleasant feeling as I am ready to see my family and check in with work and see what issues are waiting for me there. I’m am not in a big rush though as I have the weekend to unpack and settle in before Monday morning. Some final thoughts for me ad it relates to this safari but apply to all of my hunts where I travel be it Africa, Canada or the Western US. I am always a bit torn with regards to these hunts. They are an real investment in terms of money and time and I often think about how I could allocate those resources differently. Then the part of me, a very real part, stirs reminding me that I need time in wild places to truly be who I am, even if just for short periods of time. It recharges my soul. It is a place and time for reflection and often times healing from the hurts that life has a tendency to dish out. I am a better person in part to the time I’ve spent in wild places. Now it is time to turn my attention to August of 2025 when, Lord willing, I’ll be back in Africa again. The experiences of the last 2 weeks will fortify me until then. I appreciate everybody who has followed along on my adventure. If I can answer any questions for anybody, or be helpful in anyway, please just reach out.
Wow you are truly a kindred spirit to me!!!!! I feel the exact same way…just when I start thinking about the opportunity cost of my hunts I realize just as you do they enable me to be me restoring myself so that I am a better man for my family!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddiver

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles