ZIMBABWE: Beware Of Leloma Safaris Out Of Zimbabwe

We have such great outfits represented on this forum, I cannot understand how anyone on this forum could book with a disreputable operator.

Can we all please just move on from this now? Please!?!? The OP was found to be truthful and whether all of his posts were appropriate or not he did us a service by warning us of a bad actor in the Safari industry! I for one thank him for this so others here in our community don’t fall in the trap!
Can we now get back to Safari, Big Bores, and good Cigars? :cool:

Can we all please just move on from this now? Please!?!? The OP was found to be truthful and whether all of his posts were appropriate or not he did us a service by warning us of a bad actor in the Safari industry! I for one thank him for this so others here in our community don’t fall in the trap!
Can we now get back to Safari, Big Bores, and good Cigars? :cool:
This horse hasn't been beaten enough. It's still dead.

I'm the hunter who hunted 3 times with Phillip Mafuta and posted a long post last year August (?) which I can't find. There were dozens of responses. I clearly outlined my experiences, shared my successes, and provided proof of his cheating with organizations, lying about having the dangerous animal permits, stealing money from clients, not paying the PHs, pictures of trophies being exposed to elements for months (rained on while I was there) and not taken to Colette (several of my skins arrived damaged), and provided the worst safari food/drinks ever. Yes, I went 3 times. I thought he had paid the PH before I arrived from my deposit. Last time he lied about lions being there, the reason I went. Well enough.
Not sure why my first post is gone. Never again would I use or recommend Phillip!
Please give the other guy who posted grace. He lost a lot of money. Maybe if my post was still up, he'd been spared a trip of a lifetime.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

I'm the hunter who hunted 3 times with Phillip Mafuta and posted a long post last year August (?) which I can't find. There were dozens of responses. I clearly outlined my experiences, shared my successes, and provided proof of his cheating with organizations, lying about having the dangerous animal permits, stealing money from clients, not paying the PHs, pictures of trophies being exposed to elements for months (rained on while I was there) and not taken to Colette (several of my skins arrived damaged), and provided the worst safari food/drinks ever. Yes, I went 3 times. I thought he had paid the PH before I arrived from my deposit. Last time he lied about lions being there, the reason I went. Well enough.
Not sure why my first post is gone. Never again would I use or recommend Phillip!
Please give the other guy who posted grace. He lost a lot of money. Maybe if my post was still up, he'd been spared a trip of a lifetime.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.
So why did you keep going back to that operator? Does anyone remember reading that thread? I was out of country and away from forum most of last August.

May I ask what area did this/ these hunts take place in Zim. There is one area that is notorious for shady/protected operators.

I was also wondering if these safari operation were registered with tourism & National Parks.

Lon

I see now. It looks like he operates near Chirizi.

No other info needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRCVHGM

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available