ZIMBABWE: 2024 - My First Trip To Africa, Dalton & York

I’ll tell him he owes me a beer! Scott is a very good guy. I enjoyed having him in camp on my two hunts with D&Y. I left him some ammo last year that I hand loaded myself. As you know, they have a tough time getting ammo over there.
He is fun to hunt with that's for sure.

He brought his shotgun one day for guinea fowl and on the way back from Zebra hunting spotted a bunch. He jumped out running toward the pack and they all took to flight. He raised the shotgun and then we heard nothing, only for him to turn and shake his head and the truck erupt laughing. He didn't have a round in the chamber.

Great hunt and thank you for sharing

Wow, what a great trip, congrats to both. Any pictures of Mr. T?

Sounds like a great hunt. I like reading about hunts with D&Y as I hope to hunt with them soon.

Congrats on a great hunt. We appreciate the hunt report. Everyone is envious.
Bruce

Fantastic report Davin and congratulations.
We all knew you would like those great Aussie Hydros.
Grant.
Agreed! I believe the 6gr loss of weight was due to an axe hitting the tip of it during meat cutting.

Especially considering it went through a 3” branch before hitting a big cows front shoulder, heart and break rib on the off side… yeah I’m a believer now having used Woodleigh .470 Hydros now on elephant and the assortment of game I got with @264 during the epic NT hunt with .404J 350gr weldcores and 400gr Hydros.

Glad to see Geoff has things up and running again.

Was Stan your chef? He made some great meals while we were there in '21. There must be "local fishing areas" and "non-local areas" because when we were there our game scout kept running off the locals with their can poles saying that wasn't their area and they knew it !

Congrats.

Was Stan your chef? He made some great meals while we were there in '21. There must be "local fishing areas" and "non-local areas" because when we were there our game scout kept running off the locals with their can poles saying that wasn't their area and they knew it !

Congrats.
I'm not sure of the chefs name but I know he took great care of us, my favorite was the Impala Schnitzel(Chicken fried steak) and he makes amazing gravy to go with it.

Field lunches were equally amazing.... Chef made chicken quiche and we added fresh grilled buffalo steak, roasted elephant & mealie meal.
g8E4rmN Large.jpeg

As for this fishing areas - I found it odd that the rangers were charging the locals $1 each to fish by the discharge port for the croc farm and not letting us fish there but then again this is Zimbabwe.

Last edited by a moderator:
They charged my buddy $10 to use the restroom in the international welcome center at the crock farm. . Lol. We weren’t about to tell them we all used it.

Great hunt, congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VitoDown8

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available