ZIMBABWE: 2024 - My First Trip To Africa, Dalton & York

The following morning all that is left is to pack up and get our invoices from Dalton

With enough time to take a quick pic beside this massive Baobab Tree
TUHljr7 Large.jpeg

Then catch our ride back to Harare
IMF2OsL Large.jpeg

Then just like that my first trip to Africa/Zimbabwe comes to an end and we start the return journey home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story, and what an ending. I met Pierre, pronounced peer. And Johnny on my Chewore hunt.

On my return to D&Y , I think I will request Johnny as my PH. Everyone wants Dalton or York as their pH.

So with that in mind, we had a great hunt with Dalton so may as well let somebody else have their turn. and so I’ll ask for Johnny next time. We can’t all hunt with Dalton or York every Hunt.

All I can say is what an awesome and humbling experience it was for me to hunt and take a Bull elephant. Also, to see all the villagers show up for a couple pounds of meat - truly a very emotional moment for me. I can’t say enough good about Dalton and York and their operation. I also want to thank my roommate, Davin, Todd, Philip and Jasper Glass. For a great trip and the memories.

Top story. You guys sounded like you had a ball. 9 Days for your Bull elephant. Did you have any idea how many klicks you put in?
@abnhog

Top story. You guys sounded like you had a ball. 9 Days for your Bull elephant. Did you have any idea how many klicks you put in?
@abnhog
I think Dalton said we were over 130 Klicks. I think our longest day was 32 klicks.

I think Dalton said we were over 130 Klicks. I think our longest day was 32 klicks.
Well they do say you hunt them with your feet.
Do you know how much weight you lost. ps thanks for the reply

LOL.... No worries, I had been told Lake Kariba was the largest by volume by so many in Zimbabwe that I believed it.

So I alter my statement to - Lake Kariba is one BIG DAMN LAKE, regardless of world ranking.
Terrific hunt.

Kariba is the largest RESERVOIR in the world by volume as its technically not a lake as it was created by a dam.

Well they do say you hunt them with your feet.
Do you know how much weight you lost. ps thanks for the reply
I think whatever I lost I put back on after we finished the hunt. Dalton and crew feed you very well.

Ah…someone has been doing their homework on the Omay North. Yes there is a heavy piece of Jess they call both Jurassic Park and Vietnam. From what I read though I don’t think he got his tuskless in that particular patch of jess but I could be wrong. He would know
It looked like where I took my croc, or close by at least

Is that left bullet in your palm a CEB solid from Scott’s rifle? If so, I gave him that ammo last year. I hope it is, and if so, I’m glad to see it went to good use!

The following morning all that is left is to pack up and get our invoices from Dalton

With enough time to take a quick pic beside this massive Baobab Tree
View attachment 619958

Then catch our ride back to Harare
View attachment 619957

Then just like that my first trip to Africa/Zimbabwe comes to an end and we start the return journey home.
It’s always bittersweet when you leave. Keeps you coming back!

Man, that is a hell of a first trip. Congratulations and thank you for writing your report, enjoyed the read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joie026513

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.