Zim orders cull of 200 elephants

I unfortunately think this will be a really bad move. It will be done by parks who will likely target bulls because bigger bodies for more meat and more predictable than cows. It takes a long time to grow trophy bull elephants taking out 200 big body medium age bulls isn’t going to help or control population. Taking out 200 cows would likely be a great thing for certain areas but I don’t predict them doing this. The elephant bull I shot this year had large caliber head wounds likely from parks conducting problem animal control instead of recognizing the potential trophy value.

Better idea, levy a special one time tax on the organizations lobbying for a ban on African hunting. Then use that money to transport them to the organizations' CEOs and boards' back yards.

In many area they would be much better off increasing the number of permits issued and substantially reducing cow elephant permit cost. Parks doubled our permits this year, and we filled them.

Lon

If you want to increase trophy bucks you decrease the doe population.
Take cows and in a few, relative term here, years you would have more trophy elephants thus generating more revenue. The reduction of the cow population would have two benefits.
Herd reduction in the short term thus solving today’s problem and increased trophy bulls generating future revenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qingxiheliu698

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles