Zebra rug question

Has anyone ever had a rug made out of an immature zebra?

On my last safari, my PH had me take a risky shot through some brush, and I shot a younger specimen. I still feel bad about it.

Any thoughts on how the rug will turn out? Will it look bad because it is a bit smaller?
I don't think you should feel bad about anything. You have one more zebra trophy than me, and lots of other people.

when it is tanned into a rug the black stripes will most likely look brown. with that being said it will still be beautiful. and they may stay black. Forrest

I like the idea of a smaller zebra rug. Though not the size you were going for my dads rug is huge and doesn't fit in his office where he wanted to put it, so at least you don't have that problem.

We accidently shot a mare with fetus many years ago. The fetus was tanned and used as a throw over the back of a chair.

Your zebra is a giant.:)

We told people we got it from "Planned Parenthood" of Tanzania.:oops:

Had the one in the avatar made in to a rug. In my mind anyway, it's HUGE and I don't have the wall space for it. I draped it over a little used couch and most like it that way.

image.jpg
Hell Tex, most people wouldn't know anyway! Who gives a dam what they think anyhow unless they paid for it. Plus you could always just say it is a Pygmy Zebra and very rare! Lol. Your description had us all thinking that it was the size of a placemat. Dam sure a sight better than mine, I had to go with one of the painted donkies in Juarez, couldn't afford a real one! Lol
Cheers,
Cody

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmersonU10

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia