ZAMBIA: Upper Luangwa Kudu

Buffalo. It is a great area.
Which gma were you hunting?
Chikwa, Lundu, musalangu?
Who did you hunt with?

We were staying in Lundy camp however this fellow was shot way upstream near the musalungwa river (sp?) joins the Luangwa. This was years ago when Mike Heath has all three. You don’t happen to know who has them now do you?

We were staying in Lundy camp however this fellow was shot way upstream near the musalungwa river (sp?) joins the Luangwa. This was years ago when Mike Heath has all three. You don’t happen to know who has them now do you?
I’m not 100% on where the musalangu river joins the luangwa. I will have a look a bit later when I get to my maps.
I have an idea of the operators there, I will see if I can get confirmation.
Some good cats up in chikwa and lundu at th moment according to the phs that have been hunting there this year and last year.

I’m not 100% on where the musalangu river joins the luangwa. I will have a look a bit later when I get to my maps.
I have an idea of the operators there, I will see if I can get confirmation.
Some good cats up in chikwa and lundu at th moment according to the phs that have been hunting there this year and last year.
It is a number of years ago, but if I remember right Mike's two camps were Chikwa and Lundu. I was in the furthest upstream which I believe was Lundu. I was told that the concession we were on was the uppermost concession on the Luangwa. It was a great area. I would love to hunt it again some day.

The cat numbers at that time were impressive. Mike was 100% on leopard and one shy of 100% on lion. The one shy was apparently a clean miss at 20 yards.

Mike is on to other endeavors but his son Ross is still a PH. I believe that he is on a concession further downstream. Mike's wife Val tells me that the big game and cats are great in Ross's area but the plains game numbers are not what they had in the Upper Luangwa.

It is a number of years ago, but if I remember right Mike's two camps were Chikwa and Lundu. I was in the furthest upstream which I believe was Lundu. I was told that the concession we were on was the uppermost concession on the Luangwa. It was a great area. I would love to hunt it again some day.

The cat numbers at that time were impressive. Mike was 100% on leopard and one shy of 100% on lion. The one shy was apparently a clean miss at 20 yards.

Mike is on to other endeavors but his son Ross is still a PH. I believe that he is on a concession further downstream. Mike's wife Val tells me that the big game and cats are great in Ross's area but the plains game numbers are not what they had in the Upper Luangwa.
That’s a good record on the cats.
The northern concessions are doing well. There is a lot of effective anti poaching going on around there.

Another trip is definitely a good idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubrin023

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?