Zambia Plains Game Ranch

Huntforever

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 13, 2022
Messages
740
Reaction score
1,824
Media
41
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Mex/S.Amer
2
How many fenced plains game operations are there in Zambia that offer hunting?
 
How many fenced plains game operations are there in Zambia that offer hunting?
As I understand it most hunting areas in Zambia are unfenced. A number of them offer plains game options.
 
That’s accurate but I’ve heard of some ranch style hunts. I hunted there last year for leopard and hippo and tried for plains game with my bow but it was very difficult to even get a shot. I’m 7 days we just managed to get an impala and a zebra. Sitting water holes is unless due to all the water
 
@spike.t has Takeri private reserve in Zambia which is partially fenced bordering a riverfront. I believe this may be one of the best places to conduct a plains game hunt in Zambia. Definitely on my list!
But sitting in a blind by a waterhole won't be an option.
 
Is that what the OP was looking for? I missed that.
That’s accurate but I’ve heard of some ranch style hunts. I hunted there last year for leopard and hippo and tried for plains game with my bow but it was very difficult to even get a shot. I’m 7 days we just managed to get an impala and a zebra. Sitting water holes is unless due to all the water

Interpret his post however you wish.
 
What other Zambia ranch style hunting is there for plains game animals for bow hunting?
 
What other Zambia ranch style hunting is there for plains game animals for bow hunting?

1. You can walk and stalk. some species easier than others.
2. You can set up blinds in areas of frequent use. this will give a better trophy opportunity.
3. You can do the same, without a blind, if you get the location, wind and movement direction right.

Much will depend on the ranch, animal population, species sought after and your skill level.

What would you like to do?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,069
Members
168,830
Latest member
EulahBergm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top