WTB LVPO for 375 H&H Bound for Africa

Buckums

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States, Canada
I've been going back and forth with some of the nice folks on this site who have shared some of their knowledge on the subject and before I just go and order online somewhere, I wanted to first see if anyone has a suitable candidate laying around or on a rifle that isn't used any longer, etc. OR if I have to buy new, I would like to use a AH vendor if possible. This is going on a classic no frills Whitworth Interarms that I recently bought off of GI (pic below). Please let me know if anyone has anything they are willing to part with. Budget is <$2k range, or slightly higher for a good value. I hope to take possession of the rifle later this week and would like to get something on it ASAP to start shooting! Thank you.
Whitworth-375-HandH-Mauser-98-Importer-Interarms_102840646_3419_69786C42DED0FB62 (2).jpg

Good buy on the Whitworth!! Looks like you'll have a solid setup when you get it all sorted out!!

Tract Toric is the best value by a very wide margin for me, you have to get into the Mark 6 and 8 before the Leupold gets to be on par.

Having said that, my last two trips to Africa I have taken a VX6, once on a 375 and once on a 416, couldn't have asked for more, it was perfectly fine.

Buckums:
...If you're interested, I have a VX3 2.5-8x matte, duplex, new in the box, still in the wrapper. $450 shipped lower 48.

What is a LVPO? From replies I’m guessing it’s a scope but never seen the abbreviation before.

I have basic Leupold 1.5-6 types on my Whitworths. Very functional and can be found on the used market (eBay) for easy money. Sorry I don’t have one available for you, but I’m sure you can find one with just a little looking.

1728945151001.jpeg

1728945151170.jpeg

Attachments

• 1728945098978.jpeg
    1728945098978.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
I have a 1-4 Vortex Viper PST with lighted recital I could part with.

What is a LVPO? From replies I’m guessing it’s a scope but never seen the abbreviation before.
It's usually LPVO - Low Power Variable Optic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarineCane

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is jdfan@proton.me

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!