Woodleigh rebuilding

Things are marginally behind schedule. Some of the machinery is almost ready. In typical irony, progress has been badly interrupted by the NSW floods. Trying to keep the water from flooding the house and factory took priority over working on the machines. Likewise the floods played havoc with getting supplies in.
Woodleigh are actually in Victoria but the Murray River that was flooded is NSW property. Pretty sure it was Victorian rain that caused their flooding;)
 
Last edited:
Geoff is about to start small scale production again, kicking off with .375's. I suspect the more popular bullets will get priority and a few of the more obscure ones will probably not be made again, or at least not soon. Many of the FMJ offerings will in all probability also not see the light of day again.

The Hydro's are manufactured at a different location and their production has been unaffected by the fire and flooding. The whole range is and was available throughout.
 
The Hydro's are manufactured at a different location and their production has been unaffected by the fire and flooding. The whole range is and was available throughout.

100% correct about the Hydros, if you can get them….
C1D94CFD-41FF-4174-B951-9FF564B4B4BD.jpeg

The shame of it is that Huntington's & Midwayusa were the only U.S.A. sellers and after the fire they were not able to place the massive and complete contracts they are normally used to importing; however woodleigh did have loads of bullets of various kinds in storage that were ready to ship and unaffected by the fire.

I know of one Aussie online seller based in Victoria that drove to the factory after the roads were opened back up from the flooding and he personally picked up loads of big bore bullets as his campaign to keep his warehouse well stocked for online sales.
 
Any word on when the 450/400 3" Jeffery (.410 diameter) 400 grain softs may be available?

Just confirmed a regulation load with these in my double. I got lucky and bought some from Huntingdon's right after the fire.

Best to Geoff and family getting his excellent business restarted.
 
It is true that Geoff has a modest supply of bullets that survived the fire. Many of them are odd sizes such as .318" 8mm and the like, and supply is dwindling as they are sold off. Like I mentioned, production will restart with .375", and I have no idea when or what will come on steam next. The more popular bullets will almost certainly be made first, so that's probably the likes of .404, .416, .458, .338, etc.
 
It is true that Geoff has a modest supply of bullets that survived the fire. Many of them are odd sizes such as .318" 8mm and the like, and supply is dwindling as they are sold off. Like I mentioned, production will restart with .375", and I have no idea when or what will come on steam next. The more popular bullets will almost certainly be made first, so that's probably the likes of .404, .416, .458, .338, etc.
Thanks for the prompt reply, and I understand the business case for restarting with the best selling bullets. Maybe I need to buy a .416 rifle.
 
Any word on when the 450/400 3" Jeffery (.410 diameter) 400 grain softs may be available?

Just confirmed a regulation load with these in my double. I got lucky and bought some from Huntingdon's right after the fire.

Best to Geoff and family getting his excellent business restarted.

Sorry Cajun, I checked on .410 RNSN months ago and they had none available.
 
Wow, good news that they’re on the way back.
also, I had no idea hydros never stopped.
Anybody have a lead on US supply of hydros? I typically shop from online (brownells, midsouth, midway, etc) and cannot find any bullets available. Midway even lists them as discontinued
 
Wow, good news that they’re on the way back.
also, I had no idea hydros never stopped.
Anybody have a lead on US supply of hydros? I typically shop from online (brownells, midsouth, midway, etc) and cannot find any bullets available. Midway even lists them as discontinued
Just saw the comment about the contract for hydros falling through due to perceived short supply.
I suppose I will wait and hold dearly those I have remaining
 
Any news from the southern front?

HWL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,370
Members
169,546
Latest member
MariaCross
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top