WN Safari Bowhunt

lose_money

Reaction score
Media
Aloha me and my buddies just booked a safari for this coming June. For two of us it is our first time. We will be going with WN safari just wanted to see if there was any advice for first timers

I personally know Willie. You will be in good hands. Be sure to keep us updated.

Seeing your “name” I would suggest you take extra money! Just be prepared for extra opportunities you didn’t think about ahead of time. Never know in Africa when something amazing will give you a chance to take it home and love it forever.
Be practiced and ready to have a great
Time.
What is on your main wish list?

We got back a couple of weeks ago. Contact Gracy Travel to handle the travel. Well worth every penny. We took some small things for the ph’s and trackers( outdoor edge knifes, rechargeable flashlights, American junk food, and portable chargers for their phones). They all loved everything and wasn’t part of a tip but something’s are just not easy to get over there. Have an idea of what you want to shoot but be open to what Africa offers. Impalas get my heart pounding like nothing else I seen so I shot 6 of them. Take plenty of pictures but also enjoy the time there. Tylenol PM and a couple of beers before the flight helped me sleep.

Such an exciting time for you. The next year prepping and dreaming is an excitement builder. I just looked at their website and the pricing looks great! They are about half on trophy fees as many others, so bring a little extra cash, it sure looks like it is worth it.

Personally, I would opt for a rifle hunt. Get to see a lot more country and, I'm sure, more animals. I prefer long stalks rather than long waits at a waterhole in a blind. Some outfitters do offer ghillie suit stalking options but those are more iffy and time consuming. Again, I would prefer to be off hunting different species in different locales rather than devoting days for maybe one or two animals. But to each their own.

Practice releasing the arrow as soon as accuracy allows. While stalking with your bow you do not get very long to aim. The animals may give you a second or two. Just like NA game. set up behind cover and let them walk into a lane. Don’t try to step into the opening. They will bolt.

Hopefully your outfit is archery only. That helps keep the animals less on edge.

Aloha me and my buddies just booked a safari for this coming June. For two of us it is our first time. We will be going with WN safari just wanted to see if there was any advice for first timers
You’ll have a life changing experience, Willie runs a top notch outfit. I’ve been on 2 safaris with Willie. He’s a hard working outfitter who loves his job. I too bow hunted on my first safari and had great success with stalking and sitting blinds.
Best advice for archery is do not take your typical whitetail setup, try to run around a 500 gr arrow weight for plains game with a good fixed blade. Study the African animals vitals, almost all are straight up the leg where North American animals you would shoot behind the leg. And just a forewarning everything in Africa is tuff with a strong will to live. Willie will get you on the animals, shoot straight and enjoy Africa!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRCVHGM

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available