AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Wind Turbines Emit Highly Dangerous Climate-Destroying Gas, With Germany the Worst Polluter in Europe

While Germany races to build wind farms, there is cause for concern, with a chemical identified as the strongest greenhouse gas in the world being emitted from wind turbines.

In fact, measurements of the air over Germany have already identified the country as the worst offender in Europe when it comes to the highly dangerous substance sulfur hexafluoride (SF6). The chemical is used in the manufacturing of wind turbines and escapes into the environment. With Germany the leader in wind turbine use in Europe, scientists say this is the major factor behind the exceptionally high levels of SF6 readings in Germany.

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, SF6 is a climate killer. In fact, it is 26,087 times more harmful to the climate than carbon dioxide.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I don't doubt that at all! Bad enough they are an eyesore, have a large manufacturing environmental footprint, tend to malfunction, require constant maintenance, periodic replacement and kill a few birds. But additionally there is a hidden and very insidious environmental hazard in those turbine blades that no one is talking about. I've suspected for a long time that nano carbon fibers are a ticking environmental hazard time bomb. Once the blades begin deteriorating they have to be replaced. Then what to do with huge quantities of the carbon nano fiber in the blades? Truth is no one knows!

This is a small world indeed. Last year at exactly this time I was sitting in a cabin in King Salmon Alaska overnighting before catching the next morning's Ak Air flight out to Anchorage. I got to visit with a fellow from Taiwan who was staying in the next cabin and who there for his Brook's Camp bear viewing bucket list trip. Turns out he was a wheel in a company involved in international covid vaccine and pandemic research. He provided me some insights into the realities of the pandemic and sure enough all have been proven true. So this year same time, about a week ago, I'm spending an overnight in a BB in King Salmon AK and guess who is there? A Lady from Yokohama Japan on her Brook's Camp bear viewing and 10,000 Smokes bucket list trip. She is a rep for one of Japan's largest solar and wind generation manufacturing companies. We had a good talk and I asked about my long standing concern ref. the carbon nano fibers used in wind turbine blades. Surpisingly she was very familiar with the potential long term environmental hazard of the carbon nano fiber and stated in no uncertain terms that no one knows how to best handle the waste carbon nano fiber when the blades are replaced. She also said currently there is no known way to "neutralize" or change the fiber into a non-hazardous material. It has nearly an infinite life span- lovely. She said likely they will just have to put the material in a neutral binder then store it for an indefinite period. Green energy eh?

Wind Turbines Emit Highly Dangerous Climate-Destroying Gas, With Germany the Worst Polluter in Europe

While Germany races to build wind farms, there is cause for concern, with a chemical identified as the strongest greenhouse gas in the world being emitted from wind turbines.

In fact, measurements of the air over Germany have already identified the country as the worst offender in Europe when it comes to the highly dangerous substance sulfur hexafluoride (SF6). The chemical is used in the manufacturing of wind turbines and escapes into the environment. With Germany the leader in wind turbine use in Europe, scientists say this is the major factor behind the exceptionally high levels of SF6 readings in Germany.

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, SF6 is a climate killer. In fact, it is 26,087 times more harmful to the climate than carbon dioxide.

@Von Gruff
Gary it's not that long ago the Germans we telling the rest of the world that wind turbines are the least cost effective option for green power and that people should rethink their use. The cost to make them, service them and the lifespan made them very ineffective. What give now the want more.
It's a strange world.
Bob

Wind turbines of course are not the only product using carbon nano fiber. The space age material is everywhere but does have a dark secret to be aware of. And China is smiling all the way to the bank

You know I don't doubt that at all! Bad enough they are an eyesore, have a large manufacturing environmental footprint, tend to malfunction, require constant maintenance, periodic replacement and kill a few birds. But additionally there is a hidden and very insidious environmental hazard in those turbine blades that no one is talking about. I've suspected for a long time that nano carbon fibers are a ticking environmental hazard time bomb. Once the blades begin deteriorating they have to be replaced. Then what to do with huge quantities of the carbon nano fiber in the blades? Truth is no one knows!

This is a small world indeed. Last year at exactly this time I was sitting in a cabin in King Salmon Alaska overnighting before catching the next morning's Ak Air flight out to Anchorage. I got to visit with a fellow from Taiwan who was staying in the next cabin and who there for his Brook's Camp bear viewing bucket list trip. Turns out he was a wheel in a company involved in international covid vaccine and pandemic research. He provided me some insights into the realities of the pandemic and sure enough all have been proven true. So this year same time, about a week ago, I'm spending an overnight in a BB in King Salmon AK and guess who is there? A Lady from Yokohama Japan on her Brook's Camp bear viewing and 10,000 Smokes bucket list trip. She is a rep for one of Japan's largest solar and wind generation manufacturing companies. We had a good talk and I asked about my long standing concern ref. the carbon nano fibers used in wind turbine blades. Surpisingly she was very familiar with the potential long term environmental hazard of the carbon nano fiber and stated in no uncertain terms that no one knows how to best handle the waste carbon nano fiber when the blades are replaced. She also said currently there is no known way to "neutralize" or change the fiber into a non-hazardous material. It has nearly an infinite life span- lovely. She said likely they will just have to put the material in a neutral binder then store it for an indefinite period. Green energy eh?
I have a friend that works at a large land fill. They get a lot of turbine blades at their facility and must provide photo proof of the blades being destroyed (smashed) and then buried... guess it's SSS - smash, shovel, shut up...

Shhhh...LOL A lot of people near me collect "wind royalties," most not having them on their properties, but within eyesight. Not to mention all of the natural resources utilized and pollution created in their manufacture, installation, decommissioning and disposal. Interestingly enough, "reclaimed" coal strip mines, which continue to leach sulfuric acid into our waters, are often the chosen installation sites for the wind turbines. So, it's a for-profit sulfur party! One of my "Plan B" bear hunting areas is in a wooded, mountaintop swamp and I can both see and hear the generators in the distance while hunting-it's surreal!

Last edited:
It is sadly not only wind turbines:

"It is widely used across the industry, from large power stations to wind turbines to electrical sub-stations in towns and cities. It prevents electrical accidents and fires."

Good Article....I hate those damn things, even though they do support jobs in South Texas. Not because I am in O&G Industry, its mainly the eye sour and the short "shelf life" with so much material waste after decommissioning on. The salt air down here really kills them. Speaking of alternative to O&G, have you seen the recent articles in CA about the amount of hazard waste from solar panels that were installed 15+ years ago and now need to be removed.

On a side note, several properties near one our farms in ST put up wind turbines maybe 5 years ago. We have owned this farm since my father was child and I have been dove hunting it my whole life. The wind turbines have totally changed the flight pattern (no longer a funnel) of the morning/whitewing doves on this tract. Its only 160 acres so not big. It's crazy, I can stand there watch a group flying along a know flight path, then the whole group gets "pushed" away to 25+ yards vertical and horizontal. Its the damnist thing to watch. The flight path for the groups that don't get this hit have changed about 1/4 mile or more. Might not sound like much, but it totally going against the natural funnel. This is just dove, what have WT done to bats and other flying creature that help keep insects in check.

From certain hunting locations I can see 98 of them. Their red lights begin to blink 20 mi distant at Twilight. But up close they are a whole 'nother animal. These ones are over 200 ft tall but I understand there are others in the 500 to 800 ft range. On the plus side electricity is fairly cheap here. It would be cheaper if the Dems didn't put the kibosh on coal and natural gas...Once took a motorcycle ride up through Ontario to Lk Huron, and was quite surprised to see former beef/hay farms converted to miles of wind power. The population is quite low in those areas, so very few locals can see 'em and the tourists that pass by annually. Probably not a bad land use for the prior industry that seems to have died. The paintings of beef cattle being loaded onto trains on the buildings in Owen Sound is a real sight to see...Not unlike Zimbabwe, Namibia and RSA once upon a time!

IMG_20201204_140639174~2.jpg
IMG_20201204_124320032_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg
IMG_20201204_123351002~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL top two photos are short-barreled 06 350 rem mag or my friend's favorite 35 whelen AI country while the bottom photo beckons the call of your favorite hot 257 264 284 or 300 though with the cost of everything today I'm seriously tempted to tag deer in pairs using one bullet from a 338! Accidentally did it as a teen with a 300 win mag (150 yd deer were lined up perfectly) but luckily did have two tags.

Reckon we anti-windfarm hunter should start a new huntin' 'xperience; takin' their motors out with our favourite deer, bear, hog, D/G rifle ....
What would be the consensus as to a proper windmill killing bullet? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sherlene05

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.