Winchester Safari Express Trigger

nksmfamjp

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
78
Location
Central OH
Media
2
Hunted
MT, OH
So, I thought my Safari Express had an MOA trigger like The website says....it looks like the original to me....what does your Safari Express trigger look like?
 
All pre-2006 New Haven Conn. Winchester M70 triggers should look like this- whether push feed or CRF or pre-64 or post-64.

Win M 70 old style trigger.jpeg


All post-2006 FN era Winchester M 70 triggers should look like this. They are a "box" trigger called the MOA trigger.

Win M 70 new style trigger.JPG


IMO, the original, pre-2006 Win M70 trigger was the best hunting rifle trigger ever designed.
 
Last edited:
Is that true for the Safari Express? I ask because mine looks like pre-2006 and so does this....<— link

original.img.jpg
You can see the very tip of the pre-2006 sear.
 

Attachments

  • original.img.jpg
    original.img.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 293
Got me? That certainly looks like a pre- 2006 old style trigger/sear and not the FN MOA box trigger and sear. Yet it clearly states the MOA trigger in the website description.
Their "hot glue" type dabbed-in epoxy bedding of the action recoil lug and barrel recoil lug looks like what they have done for a long time.

Wonder if they just used an old pre- 2006 "stock" photo for the add/description on the new website and didn't quite crop enough of the trigger and sear off the photo :) who knows
 
I wonder also- very interesting! Any idea when your rifle was made? I don't believe the M70 was back in production immediately after the 2006 closure of the New Haven factory, the move to SC and the transition of management and ownership of the trade name to FN. That took some time with theM70 going back into production about 2012. Some manufacturing facilities and assembly points were expanded to other locations around the world, including Portugal, in addition to the long established Winchester Miroku facility.

What's printed on the left side of the barrel?

In any case, I would rather have that old style trigger than the newer MOA box trigger. :)
 
Last edited:
Well, that clears things up....Made in New Haven, CT


Also explains why the barrel lug looks a bit rough!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.01 PM.png
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.02 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.04 PM.png
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 1.50.05 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
Thanks, but mine is under 3lbs....and pretty crisp. Gunsmith tuned it.

I think I asked for 3lbs and crisp. It is about 2.5 or so and crisp.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,689
Members
169,825
Latest member
tyaumiu
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top