Winchester Safari Express Discontinued?

JHT

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I got this email from Midway USA this morning. Hopefully, there is some mistake. I have no news on what Winchester’s plans are for the .375 or .458.
IMG_9998.jpeg

It’s still up on their (Winchester) website so I am betting that midway is no longer carrying it or something of that nature. I don’t know for sure.

That would be a shame if Winchester did discontinue the Safari Express rifles. Hopefully it’s just Midway deciding not to carry them anymore for whatever reason.

Will likely become available in the near future with a "new" price? I've noticed this happening with desired items on backorder- get notified that these items get discontinued and back orders cancelled, then they re-appear eventually. I've had this happen with non-firearm items such as ammo before.

Will likely become available in the near future with a "new" price? I've noticed this happening with desired items on backorder- get notified that these items get discontinued and back orders cancelled, then they re-appear eventually. I've had this happen with non-firearm items such as ammo before.
Especially at midway. They’ll post old stock on clearance, as if it’s being discontinued. Then next week it’s back in stock at a 20% markup and I’ll feel stupid for not buying!

As one of the largest Winchester rifle dealers in the U.S., I can confirm that the Safari Express has not been discontinued by Winchester and is still in production. The "discontinued" notice on Midway's website applies only to Midway carrying that model.....or as PanhandlinPat alluded to, it's a marketing scheme by Midway.

As one of the largest Winchester rifle dealers in the U.S., I can confirm that the Safari Express has not been discontinued by Winchester and is still in production. The "discontinued" notice on Midway's website applies only to Midway carrying that model.....or as PanhandlinPat alluded to, it's a marketing scheme by Midway.
Great news, Jerry. Thank you for your insight.

Ok, I thought maybe they were just discontinuing the 416 Remington chambering. Kimber did the same thing with the Caprivi, got rid of the 416 and the Lott, kept the 375 H&H for a while.

Any insight into when we may see another run of these? I've had one on order for about a year now with my local dealer. Thanks!

I'm guessing as @Captain Munro suggested it may be that Winchester is discontinuing the .416 Rem Mag model, which is what the original post was a notice for that caliber. I've been watching for some time and don't think Winchester has made a run in this caliber for a few years. They have made recent runs of .375 and .458 as I saw new stock coming in to dealers in 2023 since I had several notify me notices out from when I was looking for a 375

It would be a real shame if Winchester every discontinued the Safari Express line as it's the only remaining rifle range that continues to offer classic safari cartridges. The M77 is the only other affordable dangerous game rifle line now that CZ550 and Sako 85 have been discontinued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATXTrudy96

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]