Winchester model 70 safari express

ChrisMt

New member
Joined
Jan 27, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
Montana
Just received my second safari express in .416 and the finish on the stock is missing stain and repaired dowels in the foregrip anyone else have issues with winchester quality
 

Attachments

  • 20251107_082408.jpg
    20251107_082408.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 305
  • 20251107_082339.jpg
    20251107_082339.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 281
  • 20251107_082332.jpg
    20251107_082332.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 278
  • 20251107_082235.jpg
    20251107_082235.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 263
  • 20251107_082220.jpg
    20251107_082220.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 300
Yes. Not surprising. Just kinda sad. There was a thread about this topic here recently.
 
The warranty guy at winchester talked me like I didn't know what I was talking about so sand paper and a saw to the rescue going to put an ebony foregrip and restain
 
I'd have let them have it. Did they offer you a refund??
 
Glad I got a Ruger .375 instead of Winchester, mine is gorgeous and perfect, lol.
 
Sorry to see that. I got my m70 safari express from the 2022 run and its great.
 
It seems like quality on everything is in the gutter now days. I just sent back a new Leupold 2.5x8 and a new Swarovski Z8I to be made right and a Browning Sweet16, Franchi SL instinct 20 ga, a Stag Arms AR15, a few years ago. Seems like these big conglomerates are buying up these companies and the accountants and lawyers are making the decisions on putting out a quality product that they can be proud and are only concerned about making them as cheaply as possible for higher profits. Really sad.
 
That's exactly what it looks like!
 
Good grief - and these are finished in Portugal? That deserves some wide attention.
 
That’s what I was thinking. Looks like they ran out of safari stocks, used an Alaskan one and filled the sling swivel stud hole. Definitely wouldn’t be happy with that.
I don't think it is a Alaskan stock. The Alaskan stock has a Monte Carlo cheek piece.
 
The warranty guy at winchester talked me like I didn't know what I was talking about so sand paper and a saw to the rescue going to put an ebony foregrip and restain
I recently had to have some work done on a Browning, and was also spoken to in a similar manner. I believe the two companies share a US service center. I’ve probably bought 25 or so new Winchesters and Brownings in the last 10-15 years, and know my way around guns and gunsmithing better than most. That a$$hole that they had me deal with may have cost them a customer for life.
 
I recently had to have some work done on a Browning, and was also spoken to in a similar manner. I believe the two companies share a US service center. I’ve probably bought 25 or so new Winchesters and Brownings in the last 10-15 years, and know my way around guns and gunsmithing better than most. That a$$hole that they had me deal with may have cost them a customer for life.
Sounds like the same guy I dealt with my reply was i guess I no longer need to buy winchester
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,245
Members
169,308
Latest member
ClaudiaRig
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top